corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » C20XE calibra on twin 45's - Possible donor car??

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE calibra on twin 45's - Possible donor car??
Mattb

User status: Offline
7th Dec 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, this is not my car so please dont message me about it, it is a friends car. Any questions etc should be directed to george on 07769713003..

The car:

1993 K plate Calibra
spectral blue
137k miles on the shell
Taxed till February and MOT til August 09, will have to double check.
Usual calibra refinements
Decent leather
Leccy windows, mirrors, locking, and sunroof
17inch alloy wheels
Groved 256mm discs

The Engine:

Bottom end fully rebuilt about 20k ago with LOADS of reciepts:
Re-honed block with slight over bore 86.5mm
New pistons and rings
All pistons and rods 'match weighed'
Fully balanced bottom end from Pulley to clutch with lightened and balanced flywheel
All new shells, gaskets etc.... with reciepts
Ported and polished cylinder head (Blydenstein) apparently although I have no reciept for this.
Twin 45 Dellortto's on SBD manifold.
Dizzy rebuilt to match setup by H&H ignition solutions
New coil, plugs
Facet fuel pump with 'filter king'
Full magnex exhaust system with De-cat
Custom made 4-1 exhaust manifold.

The Shell:
To be honest has seen better days, would need some TLC to get it back to its former glory.
Spectral blue
No rot on chassis or any structual parts
Brake lines etc... all ok.
HID kit fitted for High and Low beam with LED side lights.

The interior:
Good leather, passenger heated seat not working, usual problem with the wires at the hinge of the seat (easy fix)
Could do with a good clean up, no trims etc... missing.

Right, the bad bits:
Carbs could do with another setup as previous setup was done on a dodgy dizzy, although this has been fixed it has not been re-setup (made 155bhp before it was fixed).

It has started to smoke due valve stem oil seals, these WILL need doing.

Engine does have an oil leak but many XE's do....

Gearbox also has a slight leak.

Body work as mentioned could do with a good clean up and sortin bits of rust (see pic of passenger side rear arch) Also scratch on rear bumper and front bumper needs sortin and drivers side wing could do with painting as chipped.

Drivers door lock sticks, has to be locked from inside but does unlock from outside.

Both rear tyres could do with changing soon.

I think thats about it, Ive tried to be as honest as possible so come see for yourselfs. As mentioned would make an ideal donor car or project, please don't expect a perfect car.....

Also included in the sale is a set of 288mm V6 brake setup, a new drivers side wishbone and anti roll bar link.

Am looking for around £750 but may except SENSIBLE offers. I do feel this is a small amount of money for the work that has been carried out.

Thanks for looking, here are some pics........

[Edited on 07-12-2008 by Mattb]

[Edited on 07-12-2008 by Mattb]

[Edited on 13-12-2008 by Mattb]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » C20XE calibra on twin 45's - Possible donor car?? 25 database queries in 0.0096462 seconds