corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clicking engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clicking engine
p88axo

User status: Offline
8th Dec 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gsi has recently had an engine change and the tappets are clicking all the time and it has plenty oil. what could be wrong im thinking its the oil pump but hoping its not. does anyone have any ideas?? its a early gsi engine btw.
Richardhhha

8th Dec 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you hear this new engine run before you put it in? As it might have been doing this before or your running to thin a oil..
p88axo

8th Dec 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i just took my chances and hoped for the best. it was running ok for the first few hours then it just started. i thought i had an oil leak but the oil is exactly the same. what kind of oil would u suggest because the garage filled the oil up?
Richardhhha

8th Dec 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10w40 semi would be what goes in it iirc.. Hmmm might have been run low on oil at some point and has foobared the tappets... Or the garage hasn't fitted something right and its loose..
p88axo

8th Dec 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il ask them what oil they put in and see if they no whats wrong with it. thanks for your help m8

New Poll