corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying an astravan, Isuzu Y17DT with a few probs, some advice please?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying an astravan, Isuzu Y17DT with a few probs, some advice please?
sigibbons

User status: Offline
8th Dec 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, im possibly trading my astravan for a newer one with a few problems.
There is a glow plug which has snapped, aparently just spinning and wont come out, the plugs were aparently the cause of the EML on and it going into limp mode?

There is a whistling/whining noise from the inlet between 2.5k and 4k revs? Some oil on the turbo, but noise is not anywhere near the turbo, its up by the inlet.

When idling, you turn the steering and it makes a funny wherring noise, louder that other power steering ive heard.

I've got the give the guy an answer tomo, oh its a 2000 astravan with an Isuzu y17dt engine in it, thats just been put in as the old motor failed.

Thanks!!
Alan-16V

8th Dec 08 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having a broken glow plug will not put the eml light on or put it into limp mode. A snapped glow plug could well be a big problem to sort out and you may actually find the head will need to be taken off for the plug to be drilled out.
If its a whistling noise then it sounds to me like the boost pressure escaping, may well be a loose or split pipe. A little oil coming out of the turbo is perfectly normal for most engines as is play in the turbo shaft.
As for the powersteering its hard to say but could well be the pump on its way out.
sigibbons

8th Dec 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power steering on this model is electric i think?

Yeah the glow plug is the major issue, might just be easier to stick a new head on it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying an astravan, Isuzu Y17DT with a few probs, some advice please? 23 database queries in 0.0073590 seconds