corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Paul Mince sacked

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paul Mince sacked
mikenoncorsa

User status: Offline
16th Dec 08 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Losing Friedel and Bentley is the reason he hasn't been able to manage them. Bringing someone in will bring good results for a bit just like it always does.

I agree, as a Rovers fan i'm 50/50 about him going. At least our board have the balls to give young english managers ago, but hey ho it hasn't worked out this time. He inherited a squad that wasn't his and had lost its two best players. No money to sign anyone either. Was never gonna be an easy job but didn't expect this. There playing well below what they are capable of, this could be down to Ince, it could just be the players aren't that bothered about the club (i know a couple aren't). Its very easy for us to mock players/managers because we are all brilliant ourselves
Nath

16th Dec 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He replaced Friedel with Robbo. Plus take those two away and they aren't 12 places worse off. They finished 7th last year don't forget. It's his job to get the best from what he has got, and he aint doing it. Time to go Mr.Ince.
mikenoncorsa

16th Dec 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand where your coming from and unfortunatley footy is all about results. Maybe with time they'd do better but you don't get time these days. Were already 5 points off 3rd from bottom. Its annoying as the team is more than capable
J da Silva

16th Dec 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't ready for a Prem job, he didn't even do anything major with MK Dons, didn't even go into the Championship so it was a huge leap.
I totally blame Blackburn though, because he only took the job, they gave it him.
Nath

16th Dec 08 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
I understand where your coming from and unfortunatley footy is all about results. Maybe with time they'd do better but you don't get time these days. Were already 5 points off 3rd from bottom. Its annoying as the team is more than capable

More time might have equalled more defeats. Sacking somebody is never nice, but in this instance it very much needed to happen. Plus you're only 5 points adrift. If you had waited that could have gone to say 8/9/10 points.
AndyKent

16th Dec 08 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Wasn't ready for a Prem job, he didn't even do anything major with MK Dons, didn't even go into the Championship so it was a huge leap.
I totally blame Blackburn though, because he only took the job, they gave it him.

Apart from promotion into League one and winning the (comedy) johnsons paint trophy?

That said, was telling mates down the pub on saturday he'd be sacked before mid week - they didn't believe me
mikenoncorsa

16th Dec 08 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah definitely!! As said, you don't get time these days. Just wonder who's next?
Nath

16th Dec 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time is precious. In his last 10 games without a win have they improved?

Who would you want? Souness seems to be favourite.
Nath

16th Dec 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
quote:

Apart from promotion into League one and winning the (comedy) johnsons paint trophy?

That said, was telling mates down the pub on saturday he'd be sacked before mid week - they didn't believe me

Woah woah woah. Lets not call it 'comedy' til we get knocked out yeah?!

Robbo

16th Dec 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
He replaced Friedel with Robbo
Nath

16th Dec 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
He replaced Friedel with Robbo

AndyKent

16th Dec 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aPk
quote:

Woah woah woah. Lets not call it 'comedy' til we get knocked out yeah?!

Oh yes, prestigious, thats what I meant to say
Danny P

16th Dec 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk

We got promotted from League 2 to League 1 and we started the season with only 8 players.

I wouldn't say it was much of an acheivement TBH.
Nath

16th Dec 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

League 2 is officially wank.
mikenoncorsa

16th Dec 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Time is precious. In his last 10 games without a win have they improved?

Who would you want? Souness seems to be favourite.

Not Souness, can't stand the bloke!! Personally Big Sam as its his kinda club. Dunno how he feels tho after being snubbed in the summer. Whoever comes in needs to fire one hell of rocket up some of the players arses!!

Have we improved? Not really? We can't defend for some reason and ther just seems to be a complete lack of confidence
Nath

16th Dec 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big Sam plays ugly too, so you could do with him grinding some results out.
Danny P

16th Dec 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We sacked our manager after about 18 games, people said we were mad, but we've won 5 out of the last 6 without him, using exactly the same players.

If something is wrong, sometimes you have to act fast to fix it.
AndyKent

16th Dec 08 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by aPk

We got promotted from League 2 to League 1 and we started the season with only 8 players.

I wouldn't say it was much of an acheivement TBH.

Meh, did better than the other 20-odd teams TBH.
Tom

16th Dec 08 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what i've seen of him he's a bit softly softly and maybe needed to rule with a firmer hand to get the respect of his newly inheritted players. I agree that losing a couple of players has done alot of damage but not that much. I would have liked to have seen him given longer, I don't get why so many of you hate him tbh ?
Nath

17th Dec 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because he keeps playing the race card, and was never as good as he thinks he is.
Hammer

17th Dec 08 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate him as when he was losing game after game with Blackburn he was more interested in slating Celtic, randomly.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Paul Mince sacked 24 database queries in 0.0171452 seconds