corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Interesting blog imo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interesting blog imo
Tom

User status: Offline
17th Dec 08 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't necessarily agree with all of it, not just an english thing and seems to ignore alot of facts around managers who have done good jobs straight from being a player but I tend to agree that players should have to spend a certain amount of time in coaching or whatever before being given top jobs, it's not going to do them any favours in the long run. I also agree with one of the comments made below that players are often not so intelligent whereas managers need to be, maybe an IQ test should be compulsory before they get to do their badges (A good example for me would be Andy Cole, god forbid he ever gets into management has anyone else noticed he seems to have a head full of air after watching him as a 'pundit' )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/mihirbose/2008/12/good_players_dont_always_make.html

[Edited on 17-12-2008 by Tom]
Hammer

User status: Offline
17th Dec 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the best footballers are fast tracked and normally fail after being thrown in at the deep end whereas the lesser gifted start at the bottom and their managerial ability rises them to the top like Mourinho, Benitez and Ferguson etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Interesting blog imo 24 database queries in 0.0064280 seconds