corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » compression help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author compression help
John_rdy

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 08 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im rebuilding a 1.2 8v corsa and have lapped in the valves and they seem to have good seats, but when putting the head on i have no compression, valve timing is all fine but the cam seems to be pushing on hte valves ever so slightly not gining me a seal. should there be a gasket between the head and the cam box? there wasnt one in the head set i got so i just used hermitie but if there souldve been a gasket then that would give me a few tho extra gap between the cam and the valves right?!?!?
help
barneykarl

23rd Dec 08 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it you have fitted a head gasket, have you done a compression test, what do you mean cams pushing on the valves slightly not giving me a seal ? if you mean a missing rocker gasket that has nothing to do with lost or no compression ,did you follow a workshop manual?
John_rdy

23rd Dec 08 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the rocker cover Gasket, between the head and the cam gear which is all held together with the head bolts. The problem im having is the valves are constantly open very slightly giving me no compression and as there wasnt a Gasket in my head set i just used a sealent. If there was meant to be a thick paper Gasket that would give me the few thou clearance i need so the cam isnt on the valves
DAZ1985

23rd Dec 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you put a gasket between the head and the block?or just used paste?
luke85

23rd Dec 08 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just try and start it, its the hydraulic lifters need to set themselves because theyre holding the valves open. Might get a few bangs but sorts its self after a few seconds

New Poll