corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 1.4 Sport Possible Missfire?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.4 Sport Possible Missfire?
CorsaSport14

User status: Offline
26th Dec 08 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Past few days ive been having a problem with my car. If i leave it for a day without driving it, then start it up and goto drive when i accelerate and put my foot down its just coughing and spluttering and juddering and there's no power atall...i thought it was missfiring, but after like 10-15mins of poodling along it and turning car off & on again it will eventually smooth out and dissapear. I thought missfire's were constant, right?

Its only when i seem to leave my car for a day or so without running it.

x14xe engine, any help would be appreciated
barneykarl

27th Dec 08 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any eml light, sounds fuel related ,tank vent or fuel return switch, pump or relay , pressurevalve, stabbing in the dark but I keep thinking fuel.
Richardhhha

27th Dec 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check vacume pipes in the engine bay.. normaly the culprit for problems like this..

just fitted a power box to my 14xe and when removing old manifold i found a few perrished and damaged pipes... replaced now everything is ok..
CorsaSport14

28th Dec 08 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

karl: no eml lights on mate, i was thinking fuel aswell, but when its warm it seems to smooth out, so im thinking something mechanical in the head maybe...
chris_gilly

28th Dec 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this once, i think its the ignition system. my 1.2 8v seems to struggle sometimes like its liking power then one morning it did what you describe. mines a coil pack
barneykarl

29th Dec 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A faulty coil pack should throw up the eml, I suppose you could clean the throttle body out and check the throttle rubber for splits, fuel filter might need changing, I think if it was ign problem you would get a eml on for something, could even be contaminated fuel? keep looking for the cause.

New Poll