corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » no bass / flickering neon

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author no bass / flickering neon
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Dec 08 at 06:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driving to work this morning and my bass keeps coming on and off in the boot, theres 2 bass tubes.

when i opened the boot at work, one of the neon tubes was flickering between bright and dim light, all the lights / audio goes to the same earth point (seat belt bolt under rear bench), just wondering before i look at the connections in the light later if there was anything else it could be as i know LEDs tend to flicker when they are on their way out, just wondering if the neon is breaking as is messing with the bass :S

any ideas guys?

faz xx

[Edited on 28-12-2008 by FAZ]
Adam-D

28th Dec 08 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad earth most likely
FAZ
Premium Member

28th Dec 08 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a look over it on my break, all connections are good and i tried a few earth points around the boot (boot catch), if you look at the pics in my project build of the boot, 2 tubes are wired together from the remote line for the amp, the right hand one is fine. the left tube only tube flickers when music is playing and has condensation at each end of the tube.
the ignition is running and battery is charged,
Gazdaman

28th Dec 08 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a break inside the wire. Get a multimeter on continuity setting (so it beeps). One at each end and wiggle the wire all the way along.

Not saying that's it. But it's a possibility. But it sounds like that or a loose/dirty/bad connection.

Gaz
FAZ
Premium Member

28th Dec 08 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o ok cheers guys

New Poll