corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice on janspeed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice on janspeed
barneykarl

User status: Offline
   30th Dec 08 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok have removed rad and A/C condenser, old manifold comes in two parts so not to bad to get out after removing every thing else, but I can not get the janspeed one in, do I try and bring it up from underneath but roll bar in the way or from the top but can not get the angle that way as its onepeice ,I still have the bumper fitted, its got me stumped at the moment any one fitted one that can help.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Dec 08 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted mine from below, but took the ARB off to make it easier - its only 8 nuts to undo, pretty simple there tbh.
Firestate88

30th Dec 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have removed both the rads might aswell remove the bumper and reinforcement bar while your at it
i removed the roll bar off mine aswell as the oil filter and then try and bring it in from underneath, tight fit but it does fit in with some fiddling and turning
barneykarl

30th Dec 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads, ok I,m back out there for a while what a poxy job .
barneykarl

30th Dec 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the manifold is on, antiroll bar and oil filter removed sorted it , still have a lot to fit back together ,but so cold and dark will hopefully finish tomorrow. I have a problem with the a/c cond bottom fitting bracket/pipework it will not sit flush tried for over an hour ,I can not remember it it was sitting flush will post a picture until then I can not fit the rad ,also do I leave the wire wool type gasket on the exhaust pipe as this seems to be stopping the pipe sitting flush inside the manifold, thanks for the help.

[Edited on 30-12-2008 by barneykarl]

Firestate88

30th Dec 08 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about the a/c rad bit
but leave the wire wool bit on the exhaust
its needed as the exhaust needs to flex with the engine movement, jsut make sure the bolts with the springs are as tight as possible, tightened up all the way to the end of the thread
barneykarl

30th Dec 08 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK have done them up till the end of thread, I will regas the a/c tomorrow before the rad goes back on to see if it leaks ,I think it will, then its just lights and a few other things, I have to make up a cover for the manifold hole as I,m taking of the sai, still the worst is over. will post some pics when all done.

Adam-D

31st Dec 08 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the oil filter off, and 1 engine to gearbox bolt then lift it in from the bottom
gez bay

31st Dec 08 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barneykarl
OK have done them up till the end of thread, I will regas the a/c tomorrow before the rad goes back on to see if it leaks ,I think it will, then its just lights and a few other things, I have to make up a cover for the manifold hole as I,m taking of the sai, still the worst is over. will post some pics when all done.

there is my air con from yesterday
barneykarl

31st Dec 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it you don,t want the a/c, glad I was not the only one freezing ,I picked the two coldest days this year to do some work, anyway jobs done need to tidy up some pipes ,cables, but she runs sweet pulls better, have dumped the sai, next project when its warmer is brake upgrade will the standard master cyl and servo be ok with a v6 setup or should I go 2ltr. and yes used lots of antifreeze my feet are still thawing.
Firestate88

31st Dec 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been told that the servo will need upgrading when upgrading to bigger breaks
marklawton

31st Dec 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

servo will be fine mate
gez bay

31st Dec 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be fine if you put the 2.0l ones on.
richard_cooper

1st Jan 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barneykarl
I take it you don,t want the a/c, glad I was not the only one freezing ,I picked the two coldest days this year to do some work, anyway jobs done need to tidy up some pipes ,cables, but she runs sweet pulls better, have dumped the sai, next project when its warmer is brake upgrade will the standard master cyl and servo be ok with a v6 setup or should I go 2ltr. and yes used lots of antifreeze my feet are still thawing.

What did you blanck the SAI off with ?
barneykarl

1st Jan 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you mean the second pic just a bit of mild steel with some gasket 10 min job.
barneykarl

1st Jan 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the brake question I was thinking the 288mm grooved at £345 but only if my master and servo are up to it , I suppose I could ask them . http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=44

[Edited on 01-01-2009 by barneykarl]

New Poll