corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mr Turner's corsa WIP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mr Turner's corsa WIP
Mr Turner

User status: Offline
4th Jan 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not a member on this forum but have traded on here and been surfing it for a while now, thought i would add my car and current spec etc.

Well i had the car at the age of 17, first car. here is how it was when i bought it. ( few little problems like rust on the bottom lip of bonnet, and sport badge on pasenger side peeling)

I then lowered the car with some spax 40mm springs all round and fitted a piper stainless full system. Added an omp deep dish steering wheel and voltage gauge.

after this i drove it for a few months then decided to change the wheels complete with a new set of toyo proxy t1r's. Ialso replaced the bonnet with one i had off a forum member, replaced the pasanger side sport badge with a new one, added rear mudflaps and removed the front mud flaps, new wiper arms on the front (other ones were scabing and didnt work to good)

I havent got many pics of it as it stands now but here are some i took of it. I will get some better ones asap.

Since the pictures were taken above i have changed the front suspension to custome coilovers with 210 pound springs, added new plastic arch trims all round with new fittings. also i rebuilt the head due to the chocolate cam belt tensioner breaking, while doding this i redid some of the wiring and added a mantzel type inlet and got rid of some unwanted pipes and bits off the engine, it pulls realy well now after.

I wil update soon with pictures of inside and out.

[Edited on 04-01-2009 by Mr Turner]
Ste L

4th Jan 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are a member, you've registered

just not a premium
Ojc

4th Jan 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good start mate, you don't really need to do anything else to it. Looks smart as it is.
Ste L

4th Jan 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above, look's spot on as it is..

just keep up the cleaning and waxing, so it doesn't go flame pink - unless that colour flats your boat
Mr Turner

4th Jan 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well glad to know i am a member

yeh i wanted to keep it looking fairly standard on the outside, its a sport so shud look like one, not keen when they are changed to much, just my opinion thow.

yeh it was a bit flame pink, do you think the first couple of pics look flame pink? it had just been polished then too
Ste L

4th Jan 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, look's alright, i ment keep on top of it, otherwise it will go pink
Mr Turner

4th Jan 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it was an awful colour when i first got it, like in the very first pic.
Mr Turner

4th Jan 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am geting some new toyo's fitted next saturday as mine are bald, had the car a year now just havent done many mods to it.

also just ordered an ashley full system for it and some bonnet lifters.
Mr Turner

3rd Feb 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, dont update this much as not much is happening with the car at the moment. i have now added a full ashely performance exhaust (pee shooter ) which looks much more subtle and sounds nicer that the piper system in my opinion. It needs fitting tidy at the back and the tail pipe shortening but other than that i am happy with it, also stoped it banging around like the old one did.

also bought a full bilstein suspension kit, collected it last night from st annes by blackpool, interesting trip with this weather we are having. Hopefully it will handle mint now as its the B8 kit with larger inserts. The car handled tidy before but will be even better now.

couple of pics as i started to fit the suspension today.

also got some bonnet struts which will be sprayed black and fitted asap.

Bits to do asap:
Handbrake cable broke last night while playing in the snow so that needs sorting.

Also rear wheel bearing, drivers side i think.

Future plans:
Touch up the new boot lid i have got and spray the spolier thats on it and fir to car.

Give it a dam good clean and get some pics of it for here as all the ones so far are of it dirty or how it used to look.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mr Turner's corsa WIP 24 database queries in 0.4133589 seconds