corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » some one tried to steal mine and my bros alloys while cars were on the drive

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author some one tried to steal mine and my bros alloys while cars were on the drive
dangsi

User status: Offline
20th Jan 09 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a phone call form my bro last nite said his car was makein a loud noise

any way he come home we looked at it today

and found out that all 4 alloys were almost off the car how they never fell off i will never no

so wen checked and found out that all the lockin keys were lose aswell

i decide to check my speedlines as i no the day before one my caps was off on the floor thought nothink of it as u do just put it back on and left it at that

so i checked my alloys and 3 of my alloys were all lose

sounds to me like some one was tryin to knick then but mine had lockin nuts aswell

long story short is there any locking nuts i can get that now one but me can undo as i dont want the speedline goin walkies

[Edited on 20-01-2009 by dangsi]
pow
Premium Member

20th Jan 09 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slough tbh
smcGSI16V

20th Jan 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Slough tbh

alan-g-w

20th Jan 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you mean 'almost' off the car? As in they've loosened them to come back later for them? If the locking bolts were loose why didn't they take them?

And when you find one of your centrecaps on the ground beside your wheel I'd class that as suspicious.

McGuard locking bolts are meant to be good, think they've got the spinning top bit on them as well.
dangsi

20th Jan 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow ure rite there m8

dangsi

20th Jan 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
How do you mean 'almost' off the car? As in they've loosened them to come back later for them? If the locking bolts were loose why didn't they take them?

And when you find one of your centrecaps on the ground beside your wheel I'd class that as suspicious.

McGuard locking bolts are meant to be good, think they've got the spinning top bit on them as well.

yea all them were lose they were probly disturbed by somethink i would guess

i didnt really check alloy on mine as i thought cap just fell off so i just put the cap back on them

i will be keeping a good eye out 2 nite and my dad goin b&q now to get cctv cameras and a flood light

they cant steal my car tho thank god , well i mean my snap off wheel is up stairs so would be bit hard

i have got a new toad alram bein fitted nxt week and a tracker aswell so should hopefully keep the car were it is aswell

evans_corsab

20th Jan 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dodgy going on's , makes me realise how handy locking nuts are !! , iv heard you can get a tool to remove most locking nuts now ???
Firestate88

20th Jan 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its called a socket and a hammer haha
need some locking nuts that have the centres that stay motionless but have a swivel edge so makes it alot harder to get off
evans_corsab

20th Jan 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh they sound like the ones to have , anyone got a link to these ?
dangsi

20th Jan 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evans_corsab
dodgy going on's , makes me realise how handy locking nuts are !! , iv heard you can get a tool to remove most locking nuts now ???

yea pal deffo dodgy , i have lockin nuts fitted but that didnt stop them
there not cheap ones either

i hope they come back il have the base ball bat ready to go metal ones aswell

i also have a few bb guns that fire steel ball bearings ano they hurt my bro shot me with one ages ago
evans_corsab

20th Jan 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hide in the driveway while the culprits attempt to have another go and dan will jump out and swing badaaa bing id pay to see that
Jordan C

20th Jan 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dangsi
i had a phone call form my bro last nite said his car was makein a loud noise

any way he come home we looked at it today

and found out that all 4 alloys were almost off the car how they never fell off i will never no

so wen checked and found out that all the lockin keys were lose aswell

i decide to check my speedlines as i no the day before one my caps was off on the floor thought nothink of it as u do just put it back on and left it at that

sounds to me like some one was tryin to knick then but mine had lockin nuts aswell

long story short is there any locking nuts i can get that now one but me can undo as i dont want the speedline goin walkies

So ur telling me the people that tryed to steal ur wheels loosend all ur wheels then when desturbed but before they left put all ur center caps back on?
alan-g-w

20th Jan 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ I think he means that his brother's wheels were loose, then when he found this out checked his own to make sure.
Rybo

20th Jan 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got some from vauxhall...they have a spinning collar on and if you keep little the box with the code on if you lose they key you can get replacement easy enough
Colin

20th Jan 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like someone has tried to do away with you's rather than nick wheels!!
harrisp

21st Jan 09 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just remember locking wheel nuts are far from the solution they aren't hard to get off at all, cctv and a flood light is a good idea.
adz_gsi

21st Jan 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having snap off wheel not really useful a m8 off mine had one on n when they nicked his car cops found it with a 3sets o mole grips on the column lol but if i wer you m8 buy 4 sets of locking nuts and put one of each on every wheel so u have 4 on theyd not even bother then m8. and the new style vaux locking nuts are good as i cannot remove 1 of mine n i tried 6 drill bits few sockets and hammer n chisel

fightstar

23rd Jan 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new style? got a link
stubbsy05

23rd Jan 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dangsi

Speedline Centre caps don't just fall off. Mine were quite awkward to get off iirc.

Sounds like someone had the centre caps off
Simon_16v

23rd Jan 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rybo8655
i got some from vauxhall...they have a spinning collar on and if you keep little the box with the code on if you lose they key you can get replacement easy enough

I have these too. Still has the pattern in the middle but the outside of the nut just spins so making it really difficult to get a socket over

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » some one tried to steal mine and my bros alloys while cars were on the drive 23 database queries in 0.1991570 seconds