corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Phone people helppppppp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone people helppppppp
jacko198

User status: Offline
21st Jan 09 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, my mum just checked our phone bill, and we have been charged £640

Our contract "ended" in december but we have carried on with it until we decide what to upgrade to - all fine. Or so we thought, just phoned them up and apparently when youre contract ends they can still charge you for things. So i have sent 2700 txts, and my bro 1700 or something, and they have charged us £640

BUT we get 400 mins of free calls still :s

We are on buisines with 4 phones, and supposed to get 400 mins calls and unlimited txts, and it works out about £30 each phone.

Is it true once ure contract is up they can charge you what they want??!!?

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by jacko198]
Ren

21st Jan 09 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sent near enough 3000 texts in a month?
C2RL R

21st Jan 09 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a load of trouble with Orange recently. was just my own phone though not a business account. i told them i didn't want to carry on the contract once the 18 months had expired. they must have fucked up though as 3 months went by then they sent me a bill saying i owed them £196. I just put in a very polite call to customer services and they credited my account for that value then cancelled it for me. i hadn't used the phone in that time though so it wasn't a problem. I'd suggest you ask to speak to a manager to discuss it though as they might reduce that bill a bit. you will still have to pay something though i would think since you sent so many messages. it's a bit naughty putting up your charges after that contract had expired imo.
jacko198

21st Jan 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, no one actually said anything to us or anything, so its as if we should know!
jacko198

21st Jan 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know if they are aloud to do this?
LeeM

21st Jan 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no because you stay on what you're on but its just a rolling contract rather than a 12 monther
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope they are defo not allowed to change your contract without first informing you of it first.

as you did nothing the contract should have kept going exactly as it was previously.

they could if they wanted to remove the free texts from the contract but they would have to give a minimum of one months notice in writing and if they made a change as drastic as that you could cancel without any penalty.
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er although i would ask for an itemised bill as it sounds like you are quite heavy users so possibly you have gone over your free minutes or used to many texts that month

i know it says unlimited texts but if you read the small print there is actually a limit might be 3000 a month , so the charges might actually be just.

firs tport of call is an itemised bill or check online to see exactly were the charges have come from.

if they have charged you for things that should have been included for free then you can get that back obviously.
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
i had a load of trouble with Orange recently. was just my own phone though not a business account. i told them i didn't want to carry on the contract once the 18 months had expired. they must have fucked up though as 3 months went by then they sent me a bill saying i owed them �196. I just put in a very polite call to customer services and they credited my account for that value then cancelled it for me. i hadn't used the phone in that time though so it wasn't a problem. I'd suggest you ask to speak to a manager to discuss it though as they might reduce that bill a bit. you will still have to pay something though i would think since you sent so many messages. it's a bit naughty putting up your charges after that contract had expired imo.

its not naughty they are not allowed to put up the charges of phone usuage without written notice if its by a large ammount, there still in a legally binding contract till one of the parties disolves it, regardless if the 12 months is up ect.
jacko198

21st Jan 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The terms and conditions say

quote:

2. YOUR CONTRACT AND THE MINIMUM TERM
2.1 your Contract runs for at least the Minimum Term
For each Device you own, your Contract starts on the date of Registration and will continue for the Minimum Term and thereafter You have limited rights to terminate your Contract during the Minimum Term as described in Section 4.
2.2 what happens when the minimum term ends
After the Minimum Term ends, we will continue to supply you with Services as normal until your Contract is terminated in any of the ways described in Section 4.

They are trying to say that the unlimited txt part of the dolphin 30 is an "extra" and so they are continuing as normal

jacko198

21st Jan 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i have been sending over 3000 for months now, and have never been paid for it and have definatly not gone over any limits
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might have been a promotional text bundle that was only included for so many months ?

we used to have 3/9/12 month ones all the time at vodafone on people accounts, check your origional contract it will say how long the texts should last.

you basically need to find out if the unlimited texts were a promotional offer or if they were just an extra that you had added on for additonal money

it will say something on the contract like

"dolphin 30 with 12 month FOC text bundle"

or

"dolphin 30 unlimited text "

if it doesnt say the texts were for a limited time you should be able to get it back.

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
jacko198

21st Jan 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/paymonthly does that help? It doesnt say anything about the txts being an extra

jacko198

21st Jan 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact, its orange solo we are on http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/business/plans because were on buissiness

But it say unlimited txts included on all tarrifs!

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by jacko198]
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup looks like its included in the origional tariff, id ring and ask to speak to a manager, dont see why they would have removed it without telling you.
jacko198

21st Jan 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers buddy.

The contract ended on like 30th nov. But as it says in the terms and conditions up there ^ they should carry on as normal untill we terminate it

New Poll