corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » WipEout® HD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WipEout® HD
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 09 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone on here play it?

It's easily the best game I've ever played -- it's one of those games where you have to put some hours into it, but then it becomes the most rewarding game I've experienced. Even now, 4 months after I completed it originally, I'm discovering more and more.

I'm 7th fastest in the world on one track.

It's basically like the original WipEout 2097, but a lot smoother (60fps) and 1080p. It's so smooth and silky. It's stunning, and the only game that really shows the PS3 off.

It's a shame it hasn't taken off too well. 500,000+ people bought the game, but there's only ever about 100 people online at once which is a shame.

It's only £11.99 from the PSN store -- it's easily worth the full £39.99 and more. It's the best 12 quid I've spent.

They're releasing a DLC very soon.

The demo is on the PSN store so download it and give it a go. At first you'll just think it looks good but you'll keep hitting the sides and think 'fuck it' but keep going and slowly but surely you'll get better and start to realize how well done the game is, and how different it is. I'm obsessed with trying to set quick laps.

Give it a go.
AndyKent

23rd Jan 09 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I got my PS3 I thought about buying it, but reminded me of the old game where, as you say, I just smashed the hell out of the sides of the track.

Maybe I'll give it a shot when my HD TV arrives
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Jan 09 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always loved wipeout. Couldn't put down 2097. Loved it on my PSP too.

[Edited on 23-01-2009 by loafofbrett]
Dav

23rd Jan 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought it. Only played it a few times but I was rubbish and lost interest to other games. It does look awesome though! Might pick it up again if there's some DLC coming.
Marc

23rd Jan 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought the ships looked rubbish!
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Jan 09 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I always thought the ships looked rubbish!

Yeah, would rather an evo tbh

New Poll