corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » re-wiring/modifying house electrics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author re-wiring/modifying house electrics
luke85

User status: Offline
28th Jan 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have posted this in the house section as well but ask the mods to leave this here for a short while because the board over there is very quiet and its more likely to get responses on here:

Im an electrician by trade but have been into the industrial side of things since I left college 5 years ago so Im a little rusty with this lot. Basically I did a national diploma then a HNC in electrical and electronic engineering and also did my 16th edition wiring regualtions (now outdated)

But anyways Im going to be buying a house sometime soon and one Ive looked at seems to need a fair bit of work doing with the wiring, its pretty old and only has one plug for the whole of the upstairs!

What qualifications do you need to go and work at re-wiring and modifying domestic wiring for the public (as a job)?

How do I stand re-wiring/modifying my own house? (Im probably a little rusty but will be able to do all the calculations if I got my old college work out)

After all the 16th edition wiring regulations told me about cable sizes, disconnection times and earth loop impedances, it never mentioned where the best place to route all the wires is? under the floorboards, in the plaster?

Would be great to hear from anyone who does something like this for a living to clear a few points up, thanks
Cosmo

User status: Offline
28th Jan 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edit >> delete

their is a reason we have the seperate forum, and it isnt to post it in both!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » re-wiring/modifying house electrics 23 database queries in 0.0093780 seconds