corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Newcastle - Recommendations?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newcastle - Recommendations?
BYRON

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im heading up to Newcastle (Town centre afaik) this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
I usually choose my bars through trial and error, but with only 2 nights out, I want to make sure were making the most of our short time up there.

Can anyone recommend decent nightspots to head to please?

Looking for good music, good atmosphere, good beer and a good ratio of men to women. There will be 8 males in the group - is there usually any issues with single sex groups getting into clubs up there?

No sausage fests, no punchy clubs/bars..thats about it.

Much appreciated. Byron
corsasriboy

2nd Feb 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went up there for the first time on saturday and ended doing exactly what you dont want to do. hardly went in any bars except the ones in the gate, tiger tiger and blu bam bu (i think??!!??lol) tiger tiger was pretty good i thought, the best one that we went to anyway. didnt see 1 fight the whole time we were there (got there a 2 o clock lunch time saturday and left sunday lunchtime). i would recommened sorting out a cab home before you go out, we waited nearly an hour. was freeeeeeeeezing!
Mad Moe

2nd Feb 09 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's some ideas for you mate

The Quayside now seems to be the venue of choice for Birthdays, Hen and Stage weekend which we tend to avoid on nights out in Town however there are still some decent bars down this neck of the woods with my Personal favourites being Chase, Quilted Camel and Sea for Clubbing

The Bigg Market is the cheesiest drinking area of Newcastle but also quite rough due to it's Charva contingency, good for a laugh just dont stay there too long, bars worthy of a mention are The Vault and Liquid with BluBamboo the nearest decent slag infested Club.

Then you have the classier drinking establishments in an area known as the diamond strip which is situated near the Central Station. Stunning Women, funky beats and generally a hassle free night, this is where me and my mates usually spend our time. Bars you should definitely visit are Tokyo, Revolution Perdu and Florita's.

You also have The Gate complex which has something for everyone, be slags in mood, wannabe WAGS in Beyond or absolute trailer trash in Buffalo Joes. One place worthy of a mention though is Tiger Tiger which has a bit of variety, drink on the ground floor with unobtrusive background music, lively bar on the second floor and bangin' nightclub in the back room.

Venue of choice for all of the serious Clubbers has to be The Shindig @ Digital which is situated in the Gay area of town to the west of the Central Station. There is generally a strong lineup on a Saturday night and the Club apparently has one of the best sound systems in Europe
Richie B

3rd Feb 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame the boat has gone now or you could've went to a serious dive
BYRON

3rd Feb 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie B
Shame the boat has gone now or you could've went to a serious dive

I did notice that boat when I was last up in Newcastle, although it was work and not pleasure sadly.

Cheers for the input fellas. Much appreciated.
Toby
Premium Member

3rd Feb 09 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just avoid the Pig and whistle, last time i went in there i had to have my head glued and i was a good 5 metres away from the lads figthing, got hit in the head with a glass lol
Mad Moe

3rd Feb 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky mate, you picked probably the worst bar in Newcastle for lunatics and Charvas, me and my mates affectionately call the place "Pint 'N' Fight"
liamC

3rd Feb 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
Just avoid the Pig and whistle, last time i went in there i had to have my head glued and i was a good 5 metres away from the lads figthing, got hit in the head with a glass lol

Didn't the look of the place and it's 'clientel' make you walk in the door then straight back out?
Toby
Premium Member

3rd Feb 09 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well first time i went up to newcastle few years back people went on about it and i come up fairly regulary (about once a month) for the last few years and curiosity got the better of me and we went in, off to hospital and then back to to Northumbria SU for a bit of Maximo Park, then back to hospital as my mate caved his face in when he fell from the top of a fence - good night that one
Hammer

3rd Feb 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were on that daft boat when we went down for my 21st

Stepped on the dance floor unaware it was revolving and fell flat on my arse
Lynny

3rd Feb 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

least you didnt end up in the tyne like most people do when they go on the boat!
Hammer

3rd Feb 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a wee hot dog van right beside it I remember being fucking stinking yet still bought 2 of them
Lynny

3rd Feb 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep been there before!
Mad Moe

3rd Feb 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
quote:

least you didnt end up in the tyne like most people do when they go on the boat!

Never witnessed anyone in the Tyne after 10 years of drinking in Newcastle, seem some very near misses mind you!
BYRON

3rd Feb 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
quote:

Never witnessed anyone in the Tyne after 10 years of drinking in Newcastle, seem some very near misses mind you!

I wouldnt rule it out with the fellas im going with.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Newcastle - Recommendations? 23 database queries in 0.0608389 seconds