corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do You Read Books?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do You Read Books?
Conway563

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to read loads but I'm never in the mood when I get home now
Got about 25 books for christmas though so might start on some of them soon. Personally I like James Pattersons stuff, especially the Alex Cross series. I find them easy to read as most of the chapters are only a couple of pages long
andy1868

3rd Feb 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went through a stage of reading in college prompted by my history teacher, i was studying 20th century history so got me reading stuff by george orwell, 1984, animal farm etc. 1984 was pretty good.

quite a thoughtful read was "love and war in the appenines" which is about a political prisoner in fascist italy thats banished for being a communist. pretty good i reckon.

i quite enjoyed reading immediate action by andy mcnab. its about the rest of the time that he spent in the armed forces before the infamous bravo two zero story.
drunkenfool

3rd Feb 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been having to read a few 19th century spanish realist novels for uni recently, along with turn of 20th century poetry, and ive just started a south american literature module too going from mid 1800s to mid 1900s. Aside from that, ive not done all that much reading cos I just dont get the time, but i really enjoyed Angels and Demons, and "Yes Man" by danny wallace.
ShEp

3rd Feb 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mostly Reg Mckay's crime novels about Glasgow
K17STY

4th Feb 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
Read them all the time

Biographys - everything from Razor smith to Elvis, Fiction non fiction everything really, lately quite into the Rebus novels by Ian Rankin although im planning on reading the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy as i watched the movie last nite on tv and i came across the book in the house

is it worth reading or just the same as the film?

Book is better.

Seen that on tv too and wondered where my book was
Rob_Lee
Banned

4th Feb 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been really bloody loads in the last few years.

Probably read 2-3 a month depends on size of the books.

Reading "Eragon - Brinsingr" at moment and just about to finish Murry Walkers autobiography

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do You Read Books? 23 database queries in 0.0111921 seconds