corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » DVD burning problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DVD burning problems
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Feb 09 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently had to do a backup of some files to DVDs (Pioneer DVD-R discs) and for some reason some files that I'm assuming were burnt last on the disc (last couple of folders or so in alphabetical order) haven't been burnt properly.

I did a backup on to 5 discs in total, the 5th disc only had a few 100Mb of data and everything on that disc was fine, the other 4 weren't filled up completely if you see what I mean.

Discs seem physically OK, would the problem be with the burner? I used Nero v9 on Win XP Pro SP3 if that makes any difference.

[Edited on 11-02-2009 by Sam]
johnhara1

11th Feb 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the 1st time you have used these discs in your writer?

Can you try a different brand of DVD-R? You may have a faulty batch.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Feb 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have used them in my laptop drive and that burns things OK, hence why I was thinking it may be the drive in the XP machine.

Is it worth buying one of those CD drive lens cleaner disc thingies?
_Allan_

11th Feb 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd try a different brand media first. The fact that they work in your laptop may not alter the fact they don't work so well in the PC drive. I'd always change media first and then maybe check for a firmware update for the drive. I've always ran 2 DVD-RW drives in a PC so rarely have this problem. I just use the media on drive 1/2 etc...

[Edited on 11-02-2009 by _Allan_]
Kevxx

11th Feb 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try closing any used programs in your process's, it sounds like a lack of memory is causing it not buffer correctly hence spitting them out at your half way through!
Sam
Premium Member

11th Feb 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nero and AVG were the only programs running at the time. Memory might be an issue as there's only 256Mb (the XP box is my server and is hardly ever used apart from remotely as a file server), however Nero didn't report any errors after burning?

New Poll