corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Need help on where to stay in Newquay!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need help on where to stay in Newquay!!
Tom G

User status: Offline
15th Feb 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a few mates are looking to go and stay in Newquay at the end of june for a long week end, were looking to stay in a hotel but not sure where the night life is as we've never been there.

So any suggestions would be a great help on where to stay and where to hit
AlexSXI

15th Feb 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whatever you do, don't get lured into some holiday parks advertising cheap chalets etc close to newquay, we did that, it was only £50 each for a fairly decent chalet for 6 nights,

we later found that when we arrived we were 12miles from the nightlife and town centre, meaning £30 taxi in at the start of the night and £30 taxi back at the end of the night, after 6nights of clubbing that was £360 of taxis

some great clubs and bars though
Tom G

15th Feb 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
whatever you do, don't get lured into some holiday parks advertising cheap chalets etc close to newquay, we did that, it was only £50 each for a fairly decent chalet for 6 nights,

we later found that when we arrived we were 12miles from the nightlife and town centre, meaning £30 taxi in at the start of the night and £30 taxi back at the end of the night, after 6nights of clubbing that was £360 of taxis

some great clubs and bars though

Where's all the clubs based mate so we dont end up booking a hotel miles away like yourself??
£360 on taxi's
Nismo

15th Feb 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stay in a surf lodge in newquay its self, just look on maps and make sure its close to the centre of town
Matt H

Reef surf lodge is cheap but the rooms are tiny if there's a few of you staying

Ask them for pics of the rooms there planning on putting you in
Matt H

PS it's as close as you can get to the town
Nath

15th Feb 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.smugglershaven.co.uk/home.asp?id=1

Stayed there. Loved it. Couple of miles outside the town centre, cost a couple of quid in a cab, or they have a bus service every few mins for a couple of quid return.

[Edited on 15-02-2009 by Nath]
Matt H

15th Feb 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Stayed there. Loved it. Couple of miles outside the town centre, cost a couple of quid in a cab, or they have a bus service every few mins for a couple of quid return.

I've stayed there before, it's not too bad actually & close enough. Not walking distance though...even when drunk
Nath

15th Feb 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

I've stayed there before, it's not too bad actually & close enough. Not walking distance though...even when drunk

I walked it

Lost my mates and ran out of cash Fucking mission. Took an hour I reckon. The country lanes next to the camp were dodgy as fuck. Couldnt see 2 ft in front of me it was that dark
AlexSXI

15th Feb 09 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bars and clubs are all around the town from memory, all within walking distance of each other, before you book have a look on google maps or something to see how far your place is from the town centre, that's what we should've done

is a great nightlife there, i personally enjoyed 'The Beach' nightclub the most
RichR
Premium Member

16th Feb 09 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Metro!
Mase
Premium Member

16th Feb 09 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stayed here http://www.sunnyside.co.uk/ this past year and it was pretty decent, the rooms were a bit small, but fine for what we needed... Its literally 100 yards from walkabout and the centre of town, and has limited parking which was useful!

Stayed here http://www.sutherlandhotel.co.uk/sutherland_hotel.asp in the year before last and it was a decent place again... This again is pretty close to the centre of town, probably 500 yards down a hill and your there....

Mase
Demo

16th Feb 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stayed in a little surf lodge on fistral beach

bit cramped for 4 of you in a room but if its only for a weekend on the piss you will only be sleeping in there.

plus it was 5 mins walk to the town centre
BYRON

17th Feb 09 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mase

Stayed here http://www.sutherlandhotel.co.uk/sutherland_hotel.asp in the year before last and it was a decent place again... This again is pretty close to the centre of town, probably 500 yards down a hill and your there....

Are you fucking joking me?? That place is horrendous. I contemplated sleeping in my car when we saw the state of the rooms. Skanky as fook.

Berties lodge on the other hand was clean, tidy and reasonably priced
drbeansri

17th Feb 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

berties bar..
Mase
Premium Member

17th Feb 09 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
quote:
Originally posted by Mase

Are you fucking joking me?? That place is horrendous. I contemplated sleeping in my car when we saw the state of the rooms. Skanky as fook.

Berties lodge on the other hand was clean, tidy and reasonably priced

You forget, i'm a student, so am used to it!! I do agree tho it was grubbier than the sunnyside hotel link i've posted, but it was passable for sleeping in i felt.... not much else though.

Mase
csweatherston

17th Feb 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i live close-ish, ive stayed in Berties, smugglers haven, Monkey Tree, sunnyside (think its closed down now)...
the best place i found was Endless Summer hotel... not sure if its still there though
Neil Dagens

17th Feb 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im staying at the headland hotel, the one on fistral beach, bit epensive though. last year stayed at victoria hotel, right on the high street!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Need help on where to stay in Newquay!! 24 database queries in 0.0139740 seconds