corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » degree in business (uni day)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author degree in business (uni day)
l15ter

User status: Offline
16th Feb 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone done or doing a degree in business?what is the course like?

James

16th Feb 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Degrees in Business tend to be for those who don't really know what they want to do or just want to go to uni to get pissed IMO.
Aaron

16th Feb 09 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing business ICT...and love it. One of our current assignments is to assume the role of an Administrator (the people who attempt sort out struggling companies out) and come up with a solution to get them through the times.

I find it very interesting
Brett
Premium Member

16th Feb 09 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know someone with a degree in business. She works in a print room scanning documents. Please, if you go for the degree at least use it! There's so many people I work with who wasted several years of their life to be on minimum wage.
Jez_B

16th Feb 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im doing Business ICT to, i really enjoy the course and find it interest, especially systems analysis and database design for some reason, im doing networking and other modules also, which are all good in their own way.

I highly recommend it, there are a lot of career oppurtunities to.

[Edited on 16-02-2009 by Jez_B]
Aaron

16th Feb 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jez_B
Im doing Business ICT to, i really enjoy the course and find it interest, especially systems analysis and database design for some reason, doing networking and other modules to. Good stuff.

Sounds exactly like mine What Uni are you at? Mines through Leeds Met
Jez_B

16th Feb 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im at University of gloucestershire, in cheltenham. Loving it so far, i have always been looking to do something along these lines (ICT consultant or similar), im only in my first year tho.
Cosmo

16th Feb 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did business management with economics.

If you dont know what you want to go into then general business studies isnt a bad course to get onto, as plenty of ways you can get a more specific degree as you get into the course and figure out what you like best.
l15ter

16th Feb 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the info guys, cosmo i have been offered a place at surrey uni to general business studies.
monty46

16th Feb 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing business IT its great because it gives you job options of business or IT
richc

16th Feb 09 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Degrees in Business tend to be for those who don't really know what they want to do or just want to go to uni to get pissed IMO.

That is my mate all over
corsa-sxi

16th Feb 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

nail on the head lol, i did it cos i didn't know what to go into and it was one of my stronger subject at college, but i didnt get drunk at uni lol
Cosmo

16th Feb 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
quote:

nail on the head lol, i did it cos i didn't know what to go into and it was one of my stronger subject at college, but i didnt get drunk at uni lol

As I mentioned above, its also good for those who know they want to go into business in some way but no idea what - as its easy to add modules and come out with a degree thats more than just business.
ed

16th Feb 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the people I know who do business seem to spend all their time in the library stressing about writing reports and reading books. Sounds like a shit way to spend 4 years.
richc

16th Feb 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
All the people I know who do business seem to spend all their time in the library stressing about writing reports and reading books. Sounds like a shit way to spend 4 years.

Really? The lad i know, bascially is never there, nails aroud in a 2.0 focus (not 19 yet for a couple of weeks) and goes drinking every weekend

Think he does about 12 hours a week
monty46

16th Feb 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on in wedenesdays and thursdays half day wedenesday and til 4pm on thurs and am on a "reading week2 at the moment
ed

16th Feb 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Really? The lad i know, bascially is never there, nails aroud in a 2.0 focus (not 19 yet for a couple of weeks) and goes drinking every weekend

Think he does about 12 hours a week
Then he's not going to get a very good degree. Uni isn't about getting pissed all the time and doing silly shit, no matter what Hollyoaks says.
ssj_kakarot

16th Feb 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did 1 year of law and buisiness, passed it, but changed at the end as its utter shite really.

yes you can pass the course by basically not going and just making sure you hand in the essays on time.

if you want something hands on and actualy relevent then dont do it, if you want to just doss about then go for it, but like most uni courses you get out what you put in.

then again most degree's are totally worthless now.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » degree in business (uni day) 23 database queries in 0.0663519 seconds