corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe cams

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe cams
Mikey_j

User status: Offline
26th Feb 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to be doing some head work within a couple of months so have been doing some research into cams etc. Am i right in saying 264deg is the max i can go? If so on the piper website and most of the sites ive been on it says that you cant use it with standard injection. Am i being a complete tard when i ask what are they going on about? What are they saying i have to change?
sand-eel

26th Feb 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its more the valves hitting off the pistons and the lack of solid lifters TBH
andyc1234

26th Feb 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your going for any more than that you really need to go for aftermarket managment.
andyc1234

26th Feb 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and that .
john_c20xe

27th Feb 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have some pocketed pistons for sale mate! youll need them for some mental cams! 40 quid u2u me
pj.b

27th Feb 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mikey_j
Am i right in saying 264deg is the max i can go? If so on the piper website and most of the sites ive been on it says that you cant use it with standard injection. Am i being a complete tard when i ask what are they going on about? What are they saying i have to change?

Your standard ECU will struggle to provide the correct timing/fuelling etc so you'd need to go for standalone management or a piggyback. Although newman claim their 264 deg will work with standard injection so go figure...
Mikey_j

27th Feb 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess that i'll have to just get it and see wont i. I want in the region of 150bhp out of the engine so im obviously going to have to do things properly to achieve that. Its more than likely the car will come off the road whilst i do it all anyway so its not really a drama if i have to wait a few weeks to get management

New Poll