corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Update on my Starting Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Update on my Starting Problem
16vKarlos

User status: Offline
   3rd Mar 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updated.....

Just recently my car had been off the Road Due to NO MOT. I started it every week, twice a week and then a friend said that i could put the car in his garage. So i was going to do just that. Anyway when i had the trailer here to move it, The battery Had suddenly died (i say suddenly because i started it and took it up the road the deay before). so i had to leave it where it was.

My (electrician) mate came over to Jump me and put managed after me telling him which way the cables go on, he puts them on MY car the wrong way around and his car the right way around, as i am told this causes an INSTANT DRAIN TO MY BATTERY?

I then had the battery sitting on charge for a good 10 hours and then connected her up and she started. The car worked fine and i was no longer un-happy. The car was MOT'd and all working GREAT...

Then on saturday the central locking wouldn't work again and i shit myself thinking. I'VE GOT TO BE SOMEWHERE IN A MINUTE!

I tried the ignition and the car turned over although it took ver long to start (about 8-9 seconds to turn over) but i find now that the car only does this in the Morning on COLD start, but will sometimes take 4-5 seconds to start after a shop or something?

What can this be?
Dodgey Battery? Not charged enough? or worse Altenator not charging? or evern more mechanical?

It's a leaning curve and im on the Bend at the moment and have been for sometime lol.
Sorry for the long thread but any help appreciated
Also i have a rattling exhaust and is pissing me off, seems that the exhaust is sitting on the rear beam, also i am told that this happens alot?

UPDATE!!

Two days ago i had to Jump the car, as in Rolling Down a Hill start not jump leads. then the following day it started fine in the morning but with its obvious struggles, to top it off i have had to roll it down the hill and jump it again this morning.. What is it?

I Dont want to buy a starter motor and have that fitted if this is not the problem? I've just bought Plugs + Oil will these make a differance if i get them fitted?

Thanks for your time

Karlos

[Edited on 11-03-2009 by 16vKarlos]
johnhara1

3rd Mar 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check that the rear bean is not touching the U clamp thats conencting the back box to the centre section.

If it is, just loosen it off and turn it 90 degrees so its not touching the beam.

If it's not the clamp, twist the backbox so the bend that goes over the beam, raises slightly.

How long has the car stood? It sounds like it just needs a new battery.
16vKarlos

3rd Mar 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been standing for about 5 months but it weas ran alot really.

Karlos
--ToM--

3rd Mar 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yo dude best thing to stop exhaust knocking on rear beam on a lowered car is to get a bike inner tube rap it round the rear beam with a few zip ties jobs a gud un!

With the starting issue it could just be the battery also have you checked the connection to the battery are tight also the connections to the altenator and also the earths they are very important, does the starter motor seem tired or is it turning it over ok? if its been stood for a while it could well be coilpack or plugs and it having a week spark could cause it to not fire up as easilly!! id give it a good service and check all connections matey should be ok after that
16vKarlos

3rd Mar 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess it does seem a bit tired in a way but its just so anoying really that the car ran as smooth as anything before i stopped using it. it's just recently been playing up
16vKarlos

3rd Mar 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much are starter motors?
--ToM--

3rd Mar 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure iv always just half inched them from scrappys lol
saj_123

3rd Mar 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos
how much are starter motors?

Get one off ebay £30 new i think.
16vKarlos

11th Mar 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update At the Top. Cheers

Karlos
1.0l12vbadboy

11th Mar 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carry around a hammer and give the starter a smack when it dont work.

It will fire perfet after that. i garentee.

I used to do this for several months at uni when i was skint.
Chris x

11th Mar 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id guess the battery.

[Edited on 11-03-2009 by Chris Corsa B]
--ToM--

11th Mar 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check its getting a spark constantly
16vKarlos

11th Mar 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
check its getting a spark constantly

Blonde Moment, how do i do this

Karlos
--ToM--

11th Mar 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take a spark plug out and leave it in the lead and turn the car over and see if its sparking also see if its a strong blue spark or a shitty orange one

New Poll