corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » XP Re Installation help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XP Re Installation help
Rob_Corsa

User status: Offline
   7th Mar 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently trying to reinstall XP on my Dell Optiplex 320. Ive set it to boot from the installation disk and its entered the setup. I selected clean install rather that recovery/repair.

Its asking me what partician to install from and I havent got a clue cos I expected one of them to be a simial size to the hard disk? The options are

:- Particain 1 (FAT) 39MB (31mb free)
c: Partician 2 (NTFS) 152539MB (129845 free)
Unparticianed Spac 8MB

Have I missed an option somewhere to format the C drive as that was my intention?

Thanks
Ian W

7th Mar 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Delete the C:\ Partition in the screen your in and then it will just recreate a blank one.
Rob_Corsa

7th Mar 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just done that and selected it to install on the unparticianed space. Its just formatting c:

Thanks for your help, will no doubt get stuck again. Never done a re-install before
Aaron

7th Mar 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rest of it is easy.

I can image the next bit you'll get stuck on will be installing the drivers for your hardware like your graphics card, sound card etc.
Hamish

7th Mar 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
The rest of it is easy.

I can image the next bit you'll get stuck on will be installing the drivers for your hardware like your graphics card, sound card etc.

not if you have a dell disk with all of them on. Or just go to the dell website and download them onto a memory pan and load them up onto the right pc .

Ive just gone through this process myself
Rob_Corsa

7th Mar 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm stuck again.

Ive installed windows and its up and running.

I'm now using another pc to download the drivers and putting them onto memory stick to install on the other computer. I put in my service tag to get the suggested drivers (9P9GP2J) and it come up with a list;

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=9P9GP2J&SystemID=PLX_PNT_320&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

I'm installing them in the order suggested below.

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/downloads/en/driver_install_order?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&~lt=print

Numbers 1 and 2 were executable and i've installed but number 3 is listing numerous files and I have no idea which mine needs. Also when i tried downloading the 2 "urgent" drivers in there they were .iso files which i cant run.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Hamish

7th Mar 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok try this. Istall an internet connection onto your pc and then go to your device manager via the controll pannel and there should be hardware there with exclamation marks next to it.

Double click on these one at a time and see if it can find the driver itself on the internet, or put the memory pen in the slot and see if it will find them that way

Thats what i did
Rob_Corsa

7th Mar 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've now got it on the internet but it seems to only contact microsoft for an updated driver.

any other suggestions?

Thanks
Hamish

7th Mar 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if the drivers are on the memory pen in the USB slot?

New Poll