corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fucking bolt :@

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fucking bolt :@
Kevxx

User status: Offline
17th Mar 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's like rounded it'self in a mounted nut, so i can't move the nut so the bolt should just spin out, well it spins, both ways, but makes no threads...i don't wanna be drilling a new hole in it, to put a screw down it to get it out, any idea's? This is on my seat btw, so i don't want to drill it/hack it out and be left with a bit.
alan-g-w

17th Mar 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate these people that try to lecture other people on spelling and grammar and shite, but I didn't understand a word of that.

All I've got from it is that one of the bolts holding the seat down isn't coming out? In what way - is the head rounded or is the nut seized onto the bolt?

[Edited on 17-03-2009 by alan-g-w]
Ant

17th Mar 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of wd40 (from the underside) over night then mole grips had this problem a few times
Kevxx

17th Mar 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry, ermm drivers side on a corsa b, next to the door, the bolt holding the subframe to the floor, is just slipping within the bolt, going round and round, loosening or tightening, it moves, but doesn't get anywhere.

**i just read that back, woah i seemed like a right tard

[Edited on 17-03-2009 by Kevxx]
craig8
Premium Member

17th Mar 09 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the captive nut under the car has broke the two welds that hold it on

you can either get someone to hold it with vice grips or a shifter ehilst you undo the bolt or grind it off

E36 328
DAZ1985

18th Mar 09 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or tack weld the nut back on.same happened on mine

New Poll