corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » EXIF via Copy & Paste

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EXIF via Copy & Paste
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
20th Mar 09 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a template in Photoshop with my details on it. I normally open the template and then open the CR2 (RAW) file. I customize the image a bit, and then click 'Open Image'

Once it's open, I select all (CTRL + A), copy (CTRL + C) and then move to the template and paste the image in (CTRL + V). I then transform the image (CTRL + T) so I can get it aligned properly and so on.

The only problem is, by doing this I loose the EXIF data.

I've made a Photoshop script that gets the EXIF data and writes it nearly on the image. It works perfectly, but I can't get the data in the new document.

Can anyone think of a way how I can open the document within another document, in an attempt to keep the EXIF?

I've got everything setup perfectly except the final step. I was thinking of dragging the layer to the new document, but this doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

New Poll