corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 3.0 conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author v6 3.0 conversion
fir3vip3r

User status: Offline
25th Mar 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Damian_666
not to slate these at all but seems so much of a engine for such little gains from a n/a. though a v6 dose sound sweet and the whole thing of saying........ i have a v6 in my corsa sounds good too. but 200bhp from a 3.0/2.5 v6 sounds crazy-ness. im not meaning to honda bash but from my 1.8 iv got 213bhp, and to prove im not honda bashing, toyota have the ae111 engine 1.6, 165bhp or the celica 1.8 with 190bhp and mazda doing he same.

just in my mind it sounds crazy for the amount of litres to the amount of power! good luck with it all though!

but a v6 has torque
DizzyRebel

25th Mar 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not to slate these at all but seems so much of a engine for such little gains from a n/a. though a v6 dose sound sweet and the whole thing of saying........ i have a v6 in my corsa sounds good too. but 200bhp from a 3.0/2.5 v6 sounds crazy-ness. im not meaning to honda bash but from my 1.8 iv got 213bhp, and to prove im not honda bashing, toyota have the ae111 engine 1.6, 165bhp or the celica 1.8 with 190bhp and mazda doing he same.

just in my mind it sounds crazy for the amount of litres to the amount of power! good luck with it all though!

Yeah but the V6 has torque, you can leave it in top at 60mph and toe it without changing down and it still overtakes with ease. Try that in a highly strung small capacity 4 pot and it will just bog down and not want to play. V6 corsas are nice to drive and dont require an asbo for throttle control to get them shifting.

Plus They are in a low state of tune to maximise reliability. Look at the old american V8's: 7 litres and only 300bhp??? yeah but those engines go on for hundreds of thousands of miles - not to mention the potential. (1200-1500bhp can be had from an everyday street car) And im sure the vaux V6 with a supercharger and forged bottom end would push nearly 500bhp iirc!

[Edited on 25-03-2009 by DizzyRebel]
J200RSA

25th Mar 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ludacris Turbo
Who did your coversion Joe?

me and my mate dan did it, car was in my garage the engine at a mates he told me to get the girly engine out and clear all the engine bay. i got rid of the rusty parts whilst he welded some strenghing plates in and seam welded it, then changed timing belt water pump etc whilst i swapped all the 2.5 bits over to it then we mounted it, he did the exhaust which we later changed to a 6 branch. been fine every since that was 2-3 months ago not 1 thing has gone wrong with it
Corsa_Sport21

26th Mar 09 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So can you explain how a Corsa with around 150 bhp could pull away from a DC2 with 190bhp??Both cars weighing the same etc and on a straight bit of road.
If you dont know the answer then read what the guys have stated above.

That same corsa handed a Civic Vti(167bhp) its arse at the local dragstrip(Crail) too.

Does it sound good saying "iv got 213bhp from my 1.8"??
Nic Barnes

26th Mar 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

if your not meaning to honda bash, why bring it up?

my 2.0 has more bhp per litre than your 1.8 if that counts?
P1CK4D

27th Mar 09 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damo got fucked up.
Damian_666

27th Mar 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Damo got fucked up.

i think when you need a tow in my torque less car i may just leave you
P1CK4D

27th Mar 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Damo got fucked up.

i think when you need a tow in my torque less car i may just leave you

Love you x (Honda are good for towing )

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 3.0 conversion 23 database queries in 0.0088909 seconds