corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Show us your Astra estates!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Show us your Astra estates!
RioVerde

User status: Offline
28th Mar 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just joined the club (not literally as theres no one sad enough to start one.....yet) bought mine today 1998 R reg in rio verde the same as my corsa sport 1.6 16v , the estate has the 1.6 8 valve engine in it with a mere 83k,vauxhall history upto 45k then the man said its been done but not got the book stamped, oils black but the air filters in good cond and the brake fluid and coolant look fairly clean, so mustve been looked after to some extent. Think the best course of action is to get the oil and filter changed and replace the cambelt and water pump as I've no clue when it was last done (if it has),drives really well,only minus points are a few scratches which i'm not bothered about and the handbrake doesnt hold too well,but will hold on a hill. Selling the corsa when I've had time to clean up etc, need the estate now as a home and dog owner so need the extra practicality at the expense of the speed,handling and looks of the corsa.
Paid £450 for the astra which seems a bargain, just had a new exhaust and has 12 months MOT!
What do you use your estates for?
Mine has to be the most basic with keep fit windows and no central locking! and no sunroof!
Twiggy

28th Mar 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£450 - 12 months MOT

Cant grumble!
RioVerde

29th Mar 09 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I thought anyone know the 0-60 figures top speed? I think 0-60 will be about 10 seconds and top speed 120-130
scottyp1989

29th Mar 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top speed is 110 at a push in the 1.6 8v and not sure if its just mine or the 1.6 8v in general but they are crap on headgaskets
Kano

29th Mar 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had one as a workhorse a few winters ago.. Great fun car but it was a 2.0 sport so actually went pretty well..

GTM

29th Mar 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks sweet in that last picture mate.
am4nf

29th Mar 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only car ive seen that i like softstars on,
Huwsi

29th Mar 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ I like the red one

Get on to www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk
RioVerde

29th Mar 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seem to get a slight knocking sound when pulling off,driveshaft cv joint? hmm and the temp gauge doesnt go up
Kano

29th Mar 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
seem to get a slight knocking sound when pulling off,driveshaft cv joint? hmm and the temp gauge doesnt go up

Tempm guage is more than likely thermostat needing changed and the knocking could be lots of things..
RioVerde

30th Mar 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cv joint i think,temp gauge seems to work when sat in traffic,bloke whos had 3 at work said they're all like that and cv joints are common
Ecosse Sport

31st Mar 09 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
I've had one as a workhorse a few winters ago.. Great fun car but it was a 2.0 sport so actually went pretty well..

And here's how it looks now:

Saw it advertised recently, think its got a couple of different wheels on it now as I've since seen it on the road.

[Edited on 31-03-2009 by Ecosse Sport]

[Edited on 31-03-2009 by Ecosse Sport]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Show us your Astra estates! 23 database queries in 0.2967112 seconds