corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Map sensor voltage high???? According to the dianostic machine.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Map sensor voltage high???? According to the dianostic machine.
stantonio

User status: Offline
   6th Apr 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my car doesn't idel or it really struggles to, first thing in a morning when it is on automatic choke it idels but at normal rev's asif it was warm, instead of it beening alittle higher.

Once it is warm and the choke cut's off it then starts to really struggle to tick over, or it just cut's up, but i rev's nearly spot on, it kicks out black smoke.

I got told to change my map sensor by vauxhall as thhat could be the problem, i have done this and sill no change, the rubber pipe from the inlet manifold to the throttle body has been changed also.

The only thing left really is the Idel Control Valve needs cleaning or replacing.

Would all the symtoms point to this???

Help
Ste
Premium Member

6th Apr 09 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It helps to tell people what engine you have when asking for help. In my experience, dealers just keep changing parts until the problem goes away. They wanted to fit a new hp fuel pump and injector rail to my vectra for £1100 when the fault was a split fuel filter seal that cost £2.

Have you done the paperclip test? if so, what codes did you get?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
stantonio

6th Apr 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got 1.6 sport on a 1999 plate andd i have the code writen down in my car, but the fault come up with map sensor high voltage?? lol
stantonio

6th Apr 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate at Vauxhall got his boss to plug it in and the map sensor high voltage came up and it idels at like 500rpm sometimes or it will just cut out.

Has anyone else had this problem and who did they sort it, or didn't they lmao

[Edited on 06-04-2009 by stantonio]

New Poll