corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car cleaning peoples

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car cleaning peoples
Butler

User status: Offline
13th Apr 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked at a car today which was pretty mint exterior wise, the interior however was a different story. The guy who currently owns it is a builder and therefore the interior has been a bit dirty, although alot of the plastics would easily wipe clean, surfaces such as the cloth door cards and seats are also stained a light brown. Im just wonderin if this is an easy clean, its not like the current owner has tried, im hopeful it will be an easy job. Anyone got any before and after pics of interior cleaning jobs or similiar?
14LS

13th Apr 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autoglym interior shampoo usually works well, no pics to hand im afraid, but ive been pleased with the results previously.
liamgallagher1994

13th Apr 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to Rich H
Butler

13th Apr 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was hoping rich would see the thread to be honest!
Rich H

13th Apr 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interior - all plastics can be wiped down with an all purpose cleaner. I use Autosmart G101, you can also get a good one from Meguiars, or on a real budget, a lot of people use Daisy from Tesco at a weak dilution ratio!

Fabric if it's stained will need a good attack with a wet vac tbh (shampoo) - no point suggesting what I use tbh as it's not readily available, but a lot of people seem to have fairly good results with the AG stuff available from halfrauds etc. If you can't lay your hands on a wet vac to use, AG do a "high tec" interior pad which used with their cleaner gets pretty good results OR, spray the cleaner on and agitate with a stiffish brush (no stiffer than something like a nail brush)

Here's a builders van I did soon after I set up - took an hour as it was a freebie - all plastics etc scrubbed with brush and Megs APC, seats with Megs APC and a wet vac:

To:

HTH. Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Butler

13th Apr 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Rich, a guy on cliosport said about the AG stuff too. I just wouldnt want to be rubbing to hard at the fabric and wear it away!

[Edited on 13-04-2009 by Butler]
Rich H

13th Apr 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seats are pretty hard wearing tbh - the cheapo scrubbing brush in Asda is the best supermarket jobby I've found, the rest of the time I use a Megs one - you can attack them fairly hardcore though
Butler

13th Apr 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its more the door cards im worried about, the fabric seems pretty thin like you would expect it to go smooth after alot of friction.
Rich H

13th Apr 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Yeah its more the door cards im worried about, the fabric seems pretty thin like you would expect it to go smooth after alot of friction.

I'd suggest doing them with one of the AG pads or a microfibre tbh
Butler

13th Apr 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All available at halfords?
Rich H

13th Apr 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
All available at halfords?

Indeed:

AG Interior Cleaner

AG Interior Pad

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car cleaning peoples 23 database queries in 0.0101941 seconds