corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Freeview channels.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Freeview channels.
Carl

User status: Offline
13th Apr 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can never seem to get them all working, at the minute the ones I know of that I am missing are virgin, dave ja vu and TMF. Everytime I do seem to get them working my dad will go move the aerial has his tv down stairs will start to fail to pick up the bbc channels.

Are most households like this or do we really need to sort our aerial out?! (i've been pushing him to, but he is stubborn as anything).
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Apr 09 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't have sky round here it's impossible to get channel 5, freeview boxes don't work either.
Carl

13th Apr 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just discovered that ours is actually in the loft rather than external. We arn't far from a tv mast so this must be playing a big part?
Rich H

13th Apr 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked your postcode on the Freeview site to see if you're even meant to get Freeview yet? Mine says not till 2012, but I pick up a fair amount of channels (60ish) it's very tempremental though - if it's wet / windy outside all the channels bar the BBC ones are buggered, and if I knock the set top aerial I use at all, they're lost!

Try a signal booster if not - that does help to a certain extent
Carl

13th Apr 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Have you checked your postcode on the Freeview site to see if you're even meant to get Freeview yet? Mine says not till 2012, but I pick up a fair amount of channels (60ish) it's very tempremental though - if it's wet / windy outside all the channels bar the BBC ones are buggered, and if I knock the set top aerial I use at all, they're lost!

Try a signal booster if not - that does help to a certain extent

Yeah i have done, should have the lot. I had a signal booster on my old tv but now i'm hooked up to the houses main aerial on my new one.

Gaz

13th Apr 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ours works fine...
Rich H

13th Apr 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought what it might be as was thinking...

My parents run of the main roof aerial and get around 100 channels, iirc when we moved to this house we had the aerial changed to one designed to pick up digital signals better - so that may be your issue, that your aerial is a non digital ready one...
Being in the roof shouldn't be an issue, although have you done such checks as pointing it the same way to anybody elses that is visible?

[Edited on 13-04-2009 by Rich H]
AlunJ

13th Apr 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a signal booster on mine but when it does cock up takes an age to fix, hopefully when they do the switchover and whack up the transmitter power it won't be so much of a problem.
Carl

13th Apr 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Just thought what it might be as was thinking...

My parents run of the main roof aerial and get around 100 channels, iirc when we moved to this house we had the aerial changed to one designed to pick up digital signals better - so that may be your issue, that your aerial is a non digital ready one...
Being in the roof shouldn't be an issue, although have you done such checks as pointing it the same way to anybody elses that is visible?

[Edited on 13-04-2009 by Rich H]

I reckon it will be an old aerial so might be a good shout, good thinking.

As for the direction, that is right as we live not far from one of the masts and it is pointing towards that.
AlunJ

14th Apr 09 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's worth considering not all masts broadcast digital!
dannymccann

14th Apr 09 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think mine is an old style aerial, as when a moped goes past or the weather picks up the picture jumps all over the place, sometimes struggle to get the BBC channels, its very irritating tbh
oceansoul

14th Apr 09 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worth considering freesat maybe?
MJFF88

14th Apr 09 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Unfortunately you can't receive the Freeview channels in your area now, but when your region switches to digital you should be able to receive the most popular channels.

Digital switchover is happening in your region in 2012. This means that you need to make sure all your TVs are ready for digital. Find out more about switching in your region."

Does this mean I 100% wont be able to have freeview, or will some stuff still work? What will I need to buy if I don't have an aerial in my room (freeview box, freeview aerial?)
Leighton

14th Apr 09 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I can never seem to get them all working, at the minute the ones I know of that I am missing are virgin, dave ja vu and TMF. Everytime I do seem to get them working my dad will go move the aerial has his tv down stairs will start to fail to pick up the bbc channels.

Are most households like this or do we really need to sort our aerial out?! (i've been pushing him to, but he is stubborn as anything).

There is your problem
Rich H

14th Apr 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
"Unfortunately you can't receive the Freeview channels in your area now, but when your region switches to digital you should be able to receive the most popular channels.

Digital switchover is happening in your region in 2012. This means that you need to make sure all your TVs are ready for digital. Find out more about switching in your region."

Does this mean I 100% wont be able to have freeview, or will some stuff still work? What will I need to buy if I don't have an aerial in my room (freeview box, freeview aerial?)

That's the message off the Freeview site I get, and atm can pick up around 60 channels when the weathers ok Parents using main aerial get around 100. I just have a very simply £10 set top aerial and a pikey £20 Freeview box
Carl

14th Apr 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

There is your problem

he doesnt notice that he can no longer watch sexcetra on virgin though so is infact not getting all the channels all at once.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Freeview channels. 23 database queries in 0.0133121 seconds