corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How much to footballers earn?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much to footballers earn?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
16th Apr 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No impossible is something it is - at least at this moment in time it is.

How do you suggest making private companies up sticks and move to Nigeria for example? World peace is not their problem (and dont start with ethics, blah blah, they are a business with stakeholders). Where do the skilled workers come from? Where is the safety for their workers?

Things like the above, as well as implementing a single currency and single central control over the WORLD economy is just not as simple as making everyone have a load of ethics.

Do you understand world economics and the mechanisms involved to control the monetry markets? Thats a genuine question as not sure.
Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I do.
And your missing my point totally. your thinking business business. Im talking ETHICS.

If the pirates stopped pirating, the corrup governments banish corruption etc, anything is possible.

Its only individuals in power that stop the rest of the country making a change to their way of life.

I mean Nigeria is trying really hard to abolish its corrupt nation. Its making the effort.

If people haven't got the simple human principles to make a good change, then your right, it cannot happen.

Thats why its down to people to change, attitudes and morals to change, until then, were sealing our own fate in the future.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, I honestly didnt realise you were that much of a tree hugger

What you are suggesting is even more impossible in the economics it would take once that change did happen.

The chances of EVERYONE in the world getting in line to do things ethically (from a pirate in your example to the big boss of the biggest corporation) are zero to none.

Its a nice dream, even I think that and would like to see it happen, but it wont, ever, for as long as man is on this earth.
Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could happen, its jsut we're not mentally ready to go forward that far yet.

Im not a tree hugger, I just find it frustrating how we have so much potential for the way of life we have, but its too much effort, too much money, and mentally people arn't there.

As you say, its a nice dream, but in reality, nothing will ever change in our lifetime.

Hence why we're simply discussing it
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not only in our life time it wont happen - it never will. The only way it wil is in some equalibrium style emotion suppressant - but even that would be with some one guy/group in control.

I just think its natural human nature to want the best for yourself/family, its natural to want things you dont have, its natural to aim to be the best and get the best - obvious not ALL people think this way but for the large proportion who do I think its natural.

So whilst the dream is a nice one, its not one that will happen as goes against the natural thinking of humans.
Danny P

16th Apr 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got time to read the whole thread, but I agree with Cosmo.

Clubs are free to play the players any amount they want. If the Government wanted to pay doctors £100k a week then i'm sure they would. They cant afford it so they dont.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only need to read the first page or so, after that Daimo starts posting from outside as he is hugging his favourite tree.

That is a joke Daimo.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Apr 09 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Only need to read the first page or so, after that Daimo starts posting from outside as he is hugging his favourite tree.

I find getting personnal and deep in a good bush is much more satisfying
Hammer

16th Apr 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're comparing a footballer to an author not a footballer to the President
Faye_2003

16th Apr 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
But they don't DO anything other than naturally being pretty......

Its a shambles and if anything an embarrasement on the human race to take looks and natural prettyness over someone who is happy to risk their life every day to save others......

It IS how the economy works, but is it HOW the economy should work? No.

But the basis of it is that they have something that NOT EVERYONE can do, and are in an industry that is worth billions upon billions and can therefore afford to pay them huge amounts of money - same with Musicians and Actors.

Their is no other way to work it - how else do you want to make the economy to work? It would be nice if we could pay nurses, firemen, whatever millions a year, but where would the money come from?

I'd take a payrise please (nurse)
Nath

16th Apr 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread got DAIMO'd
Hammer

16th Apr 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Faye_2003
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
But they don't DO anything other than naturally being pretty......

Its a shambles and if anything an embarrasement on the human race to take looks and natural prettyness over someone who is happy to risk their life every day to save others......

It IS how the economy works, but is it HOW the economy should work? No.

But the basis of it is that they have something that NOT EVERYONE can do, and are in an industry that is worth billions upon billions and can therefore afford to pay them huge amounts of money - same with Musicians and Actors.

Their is no other way to work it - how else do you want to make the economy to work? It would be nice if we could pay nurses, firemen, whatever millions a year, but where would the money come from?

I'd take a payrise please (nurse)

You lot deserve everything you get and more imo
Faye_2003

16th Apr 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Hammy
Cosmo

17th Apr 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
I mean to cause no offence but do you stop to read some of the things you come away with? You could go out tomorrow and be a top notch brain surgeon yes? Like yourself, i could go out and spend every waking minute striving to achieve that, but what about those who are simply born gifted? Do they make hundreds of thousands a week? I understand your point that it's always been the way and i appreciate the value of sportsmen and entertainers. I just don't agree with trying to justify the way things are by generalising!

You dont seem to understand at all how a free market economy works...

Neurosurgery isnt a multi-billion pound industry - so although they dont earn £100k+ a week they do earn a very large amount for what the industry is worth. Now to use your example somewhat - a private plastic surgeon...he is at the top of his medical profession and can earn much much more than a footballer does in a week.

Now, back to football. Its a multi billion point industry, probably one of the largest industries in the UK actually given the popularity of the Premier League. The attraction of our big name stars to sponsorship, TV channels and the general viewing public is huge - infact its probably the number one 'money spinner' the Premier League has going for it. So therefore these big names can demand a large proportion of the revenues.

And that is how a free market economy works. So did I read what I wrote? Yes. Was it based on fact? Yes.

Shelley any reply?
Nath

17th Apr 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You fucking gloater
Cosmo

17th Apr 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moi?

I just like people who wrongly pull me up on something I actually know about (which is very little really!) to admit their ownage!
Ash_EP3

17th Apr 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So for someone who earns £100k a week the following deductions are:
Gross per week: £100,000
Net per week: £59,114

Gross per month: £433,333
Net per month: £256,163

Gross per year: £5,200,000
Net per year: £3,073,967

The funny thing is they earn over double an average persons wage in one week
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Apr 09 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Footballers' wages are ridiculous.

It's a product of the obsession of those people who pay the money to see the games.

It sickens me to compare obscene figures like that next to people like nurses who are grossly underpaid and underfunded.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How much to footballers earn? 23 database queries in 0.0959501 seconds