corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I Hate Life!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I Hate Life!
DizzyRebel

User status: Offline
17th Apr 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
The only way to make real money in life is to work for yourself.

Making 'real money' isnt important. I'm on a fairly low paid job but absolutly love it, get excited about a monday morning, and dont actually see it as work now TBH. In my job I can push to get high up into a VERY well paid job, but I'd rather not as I know I wont enjoy it as much as I am now, if I do, then I still have the job security that you dont get working for yourself

If your happy being the bottom of the food chain then who am i to tell you how to live. But i actually want to make the most of my life and acheive as much as i can, so accepting 2nd best is never the option for me.

And no its not off a movie, i just have a way with words lol.
Neil Dagens

17th Apr 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could consider joining the navy or something? get paid more than you would on apprentic3eship wages (ive just finished mine), free accomodation, opportunity to get more qualifications, travel the world etc. etc.

if i wasnt lucky enough to get the apprenticeship i had, i think id have ended up joining.

otherwise just keep your head up and things will get better
Lynny

18th Apr 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
quote:
The only way to make real money in life is to work for yourself.

Making 'real money' isnt important. I'm on a fairly low paid job but absolutly love it, get excited about a monday morning, and dont actually see it as work now TBH. In my job I can push to get high up into a VERY well paid job, but I'd rather not as I know I wont enjoy it as much as I am now, if I do, then I still have the job security that you dont get working for yourself

If your happy being the bottom of the food chain then who am i to tell you how to live. But i actually want to make the most of my life and acheive as much as i can, so accepting 2nd best is never the option for me.

And no its not off a movie, i just have a way with words lol.

fpmsl! I'm hardly at the bottom of any food chain and am very happy with my life, dont need to be making loads of money to do this. We live very comfortably and am acheiving a lot. at least I can say I'm making a difference in my job, whether highly paid or not.
Colin

18th Apr 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Always strive to be better than yourself. 'never be afraid of progressing slowly, only be afraid of standing still'

Good advice

I was in a dead end job, full of promise to make me up to qualified status, send me to college etc, after a few years of waiting I discovered they were just taking the piss & were just after me to do everything under the sun for a shit wage. Had it out with the boss & quit on the spot. Joined college the very same day done a course, got an apprenticeship (a good one!!) its taken me 3yrs to get the job I wanted. Another 18-24months until i'll be on big money, but I dread to think where id be now if i'd never acted. Im much much MUCH happier as well
bigdan

18th Apr 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is im in my last year and there is people there in there first yr but im still picking up dog ends while they have a free life
bigdan

19th Apr 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Always strive to be better than yourself. 'never be afraid of progressing slowly, only be afraid of standing still'

Good advice

I was in a dead end job, full of promise to make me up to qualified status, send me to college etc, after a few years of waiting I discovered they were just taking the piss & were just after me to do everything under the sun for a shit wage. Had it out with the boss & quit on the spot. Joined college the very same day done a course, got an apprenticeship (a good one!!) its taken me 3yrs to get the job I wanted. Another 18-24months until i'll be on big money, but I dread to think where id be now if i'd never acted. Im much much MUCH happier as well

you on the rigs. whats the pay like yearly ?
Colin

19th Apr 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im heading there in the next few weeks. Ive got another 18-24 months on job training to complete & a few more papers to do.

Pay - depends on what you do but as a qualified technician - £50-60k a year.

[Edited on 19-04-2009 by Colin]
Ben G

19th Apr 09 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate life too, i'm sick of doing nice things for people and then get it all thrown back in my face.

makes me feel like a complete idiot and as if i'm being walked over

so i just look out for myself and don't let things get to me. i often take problems out on my girlfriend which is bad but it's only human nature to take your problems out on the person closest to you.

hopefully you'll find somewhere you love working even if it's not a decent wage and realise it's about being happy, not just about the money in your pocket.
bigdan

19th Apr 09 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have applied for over 30 bodyshops so i might strike lucky
Colin

19th Apr 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just stick in at it, if you enjoy the job & see a future in it, you'll land on your feet eventually!!
bigdan

19th Apr 09 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Just stick in at it, if you enjoy the job & see a future in it, you'll land on your feet eventually!!

i want my own place eventually so i have to stick in but need another place to work

plus im an outsider at work because they are all inbreds who hate people from newcastle
Ben G

19th Apr 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigdan
i have applied for over 30 bodyshops so i might strike lucky

hopefully you will mate my girlfriend moved in with me after coming down from scotland in january, everyone was saying the recession means theres no jobs etc etc, yet she applied for 2 nurseries and got accepted by both.

so theres jobs out there, just gotta work hard to get them
richc

19th Apr 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel shit atm. Work thing is the same, not doing enough practical work to finish my NVQ at all. People know this, but no one is really botherd.

My girlfriend has left me for a another prick yet still tells me im the one sort of thing

joke, but im trying my damn hardest to cheer up

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I Hate Life! 23 database queries in 0.0094080 seconds