corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike Day: Clothing (modifying)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day: Clothing (modifying)
PaulW

User status: Offline
19th Apr 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a J&S branded Jacket, and IXS pants for a year now, so decided to treat myself and get an IXS jacket to match the pants today from J&S.

Main reason for this is I was getting fed up from riding and the pants & jacket not being fastened together, so letting in all the elements at the back So now I have the IXS combo, the little zip fastens them together perfectly!

However... the Zip fastens about 2 inches too high up the back of the Jacket, and when I'm riding, its pulling down like a crazy little midget in a circus...

So I'm just wondering, would it be safe to lower the zip on the Jacket by about 2", so giving a bit more free play? Not sure if I should have the zip unstitched and then stitched lower down, or just cut the fabric which the zip is stitched too (its like a flap for those who don't know IXS) and then extend it with another piece of fabric?

Just to note, I now have the IXS Tengai Trousers, and IXS Eldorado Jacket.
Jacket being replaced is the J&S Maxi Jacket

Cheers
_Allan_

19th Apr 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it would be fine. As long as the same sturdy zip is used and the stiches are done with a decent strong thread and a type of lock stich is used 2/3 times then it will be fine. A decent alterations place should be able to do it. I wouldn't try it by hand

[Edited on 19-04-2009 by _Allan_]
PaulW

19th Apr 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye I know a nice old lady who does plenty of clothes modifications and has a massive industrial-spec sewing machine which sounds like a tractor when its running

Superb thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike Day: Clothing (modifying) 23 database queries in 0.0070360 seconds