corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Close Protection

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Close Protection
bigdan

User status: Offline
21st Apr 09 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went down to see about how much it is to train in close protection

2.5k is it really worth it because you might not even get a job in close protection
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad I know who used to be in the army is now a bodyguard in Iraq for some guy, earns an absolute fortune. He's out in S.A training people ready for the World Cup aswell soon, mega money.
bigdan

21st Apr 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they mainly want people out the army dont they not a lad from the shithole of the north east
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really mate, he left the army after he served his time and that's the line of work he went with. He's done looooads of courses on that stuff, not a thing I'd do myself like but the money is VERY rewarding.

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by DannyB]
a_j_mair

21st Apr 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are doing work for a GUY THAT USED TO DO THIS, WOULD LOOK AFTER CONVOYS OF SUPPLYS, PEOPLE ETC THROUGH THE LIKES OF IRAQ AND AFGANISTAN

HE GAVE IT UP AFTER LOOSING 4 OR 5 OF HIS CLOSE FRIENDS THROUGH IT IN RECENT TIMES

GOOD MONEY BUT YOU PUT A PRICE ON YOUR LIFE, SOMETHING I WOULD RATHER NOT DO TBH

(oops caps)
mk4_astra

21st Apr 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a guy who trains at my gym who is in close protection.

as far as i know he hasnt done iraq, afgan etc but he used to guard the russian oil line in sirbia. 3 month post,rradio contact twice a day and the nearest backup is a 25 minute helicopter ride away. so its just you, your guns and hut you sleep in, very very good money though.

he mainly does CP work in europe and the uk, and was the bodyguard for the fit bird out of the latest bond film while at a film premier in london. he gets around £250 a day when in the uk and its even more if hes a driver, but if you run red lights etc while being chased then it doesnt matter that you were protecting somebody you will get prosecuted just like anyone else
will_ainsworth

21st Apr 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
theres a guy who trains at my gym who is in close protection.

as far as i know he hasnt done iraq, afgan etc but he used to guard the russian oil line in sirbia. 3 month post,rradio contact twice a day and the nearest backup is a 25 minute helicopter ride away. so its just you, your guns and hut you sleep in, very very good money though.

he mainly does CP work in europe and the uk, and was the bodyguard for the fit bird out of the latest bond film while at a film premier in london. he gets around £250 a day when in the uk and its even more if hes a driver, but if you run red lights etc while being chased then it doesnt matter that you were protecting somebody you will get prosecuted just like anyone else

yes but who cares about that when your being shot at? also im sure there are leighways (sp)
swill_omnibus

21st Apr 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally for close protection companies only ever really employ with military background. I wanted to do close protection but found that out before looking into the course.
Adge

21st Apr 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate of mine does it in iraq etc. protection mainly to rich arabs etc. earn £1000 per week min plus extra for days out etc..

awsome pay but he says very dangerous!

he had army background btw..
corsa-sxi

21st Apr 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1k a week doesnt sound much for risking your life
Jake

21st Apr 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate was doing personal protection in afghan and left because the company took the piss, it took him 12months to get work out there because the threat isnt that high at the moment
bigdan

21st Apr 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god seems like the big bucks in is iraq etc and ya need army training or somthing along those lines
John

21st Apr 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50k a year for the chance of getting shot at in a foreign country isn't big bucks
J da Silva

21st Apr 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
1k a week doesnt sound much for risking your life

Most of my best sub-contractors earn that mon-thur, it's pants money for the risk factor and being away from home.
My aunties ex-husband used to drive bikes around the PM's car when he travelled places and he would often get to follow Prince William about, but that wasn't close protection as he was ordered to stay a good distance, not talk to interact at any time, it's quite funny actually, he's spent a few years watching his back and not once have they both spoke to each other.
bigdan

21st Apr 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
50k a year for the chance of getting shot at in a foreign country isn't big bucks

better then 18k in a dead end job though
mattk

21st Apr 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the blokes I worked with from 8am till 3ish pm were easilly taking home £1k a week on a building site

fuck doing CP for that

Ste
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 00:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not being funny, but you probably won't get a job without military backgound.

It isn't about being a hard knock. They require extreme discipline and the 'yes sir' mentality of military training. That stuff can't be taught in a class room. Most close protection jobs are spent sat on your arse bored whilst you wait for them to come out of meetings and the like.

It is really a job for ex soldiers that are too good to be security guards in Asda.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Shrek

22nd Apr 09 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1k per week is shite money for CP and whoever is getting that needs to haver a word, i know people on the 90k mark and beyond for jobs in the middle east on contract. You dont always need military experience but if you dont then you need to befriend someone already on the circuit, there are all sorts of jobs out there though, engineering, electricians VM's etc...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Close Protection 24 database queries in 0.0722890 seconds