corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shop giving me the sample dress rather then a new one.... Trading Standards

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shop giving me the sample dress rather then a new one.... Trading Standards
Cosmo

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
you're a clever lad cosmo, I wouldn't have thought about doing that, is it some bridal wear company thing?

Well we've always used surnames, but I know a few of the shops we've bought have used anything from invoice numbers to wedding dates. Whatever they use it'll some how point to Kat as they wouldnt know whose dress it was when it comes in otherwise.

Kat - if you dont get any luck from the shop, get back onto the supplier and ask to speak to the Managing Director.
BluKoo

23rd Apr 09 at 04:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Should of bought fro me tbh.

I own 6 bridal shops

When you say, "you" own. Does that mean you, or your parents?
JadeM
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 06:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kat thats shocking Hope you get it all sorted out today
Cosmo

23rd Apr 09 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo

Well technically I own 25% of the business that owns 6 bridal shops (and one womens wear shop).
Kathryn W

23rd Apr 09 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going in this morning to sort it all out hopefully...

Been on to trading standards, they have advised that we talk with the shop before they take it further
marklawton

23rd Apr 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any news?
Kathryn W

23rd Apr 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup..

Went in today and explained everything shown her all the marks and to be honest she is horrified by them all... The dress does look perfect on the outside apart from the one bead and and the mark which is really not there...

She provided me with the purchase order number for the dress, and she had it all wrapped up ready to take back with the faults.

Her friend is organising a charity cat walk in aid of breast cancer (the shop owner has just recovered from breast cancer herself) and the is a delivery of the same dress, one arrived today and 2 more tomorrow all in different sizes.

She is giving me one of the dresses that are turning up in the delivery, tried one that got delivered today and it is lovely, and we checked over it and there was nothing loose or anything and the tags are fine etc...

Asked her about the refurbishment - she shown me the affected areas etc, and there is mould everywhere and on all of the storage cuboards where they store the dresses (hence she wanted me to have it for the mean time)..

So all in all, i will pick my dress up tomorrow which will be in pristine condition and she is going to check it with me. She was very nice and polite about it and was disgusted by the state of the other dress underneath..

So I will have my dress come Saturday

Feeling a lot happier about it, but tbh i just wish this had occured, but its a good job i have plenty of time till the wedding!!
JadeM
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats good news!!
BluKoo

23rd Apr 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo

Well technically I own 25% of the business that owns 6 bridal shops (and one womens wear shop).

Cool. Any jobs going? I could be a model...
Cosmo

23rd Apr 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, you're wayyyy too ugly.

Kat - thats great news.

Im still amazed they didnt notice that though. From the pics you sent me all the faults were very obvious, and I know when a dress comes into any of our shops the first thing they do is hang them up and go over every inch of it looking for defects - so Im unsure why they missed such obvious defects.
Colin

23rd Apr 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the fapp is a charity cat walk

cat as in a cat....you cant walk a cat

Oh & nice one with the dress getting changed
Cosmo

23rd Apr 09 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Charity hold a night where they get a load of women in a place where they donate money. The charity also get local companies in (womenswear, bridal, etc.) in to do a catwalk to advertise their business.

Really common around here, Id imagine around most the country. Dont really do them ourselves as a lot of work for very little exposure - but sure they work for some.
Colin

23rd Apr 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh I thought you meant cat on a lead, not a catwalk
Cosmo

23rd Apr 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin. Really.

Thought your rich Daddy would of bought you an education instead of that M3
Colin

23rd Apr 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didnt buy me either
Cosmo

23rd Apr 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not what you just U2U'd me.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shop giving me the sample dress rather then a new one.... Trading Standards 23 database queries in 0.0148740 seconds