corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cool runner:)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cool runner:)
steven_r2008

User status: Offline
   25th Apr 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right on a few posts i have seen that if the thermostat is ready for replacement it is worth while getting a cool running one.

i understand that having a cool runing thermostat makes the fan come in a bit earlier that usual.

my question is, if i was to get an 82 degree thermostat from LMF, how much earlier does the fan come in, and would this not just make the fan come on alot more than usual as i don't really want it to be coming in everytime im sat in traffic for 2 minutes . . . unless it makes the overall running temp of the engine decrease?

also, this only applies if it makes the engine opperate cooler, how would i know when the engine is warmed up propperly as i don't take it above 2500 revs before engine has warmed up and the standard temp gague starts at 90?
Nic Barnes

25th Apr 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool running thermostat makes the thermostat open sooner. it has no effect on the fan as thats ran off a sensor on the radiator.
steven_r2008

26th Apr 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so im guessing this reduces the overall running temps of the engine?

in which case how would i know when the engine is up to temp because the standard gague starts at 90 ? :-/
wozza51

26th Apr 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine will still reach 100 wen the fan cuts it

u dont kno wen ya thermostat comes open anyways exept for the temp droping a touch and the fan not being on

New Poll