corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » bluray no sound / home cinema help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bluray no sound / home cinema help
Jambo

User status: Offline
   28th Apr 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

purchased 2 new blurays to watch on my hcs yesterday.

Popped in tokyo drift animated menu loads with noise > press play no sound in movie?

Ejected disc tried Q.o.s in there, same deal pre ads, the menu all have sound. But the movie is silent.

Thought no problem, just need a firmware update. 5mins later downloaded and installed > problem persists

Why arent i getting sound? My HCS is a Panasonic sa-pt460 which isnt hd sound. But does everything else i think?

I managed to play the directors commentary but not in the movie?

I can only think that maybe i need Hd sound to hear it?!

Bd player is panasonic bd35

Help
John

28th Apr 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be a setting somewhere that's sending the wrong signal to the amp.

Find the configuration and set it to output dolby digital or dts (if the amp is connected via optical or hdmi)
Jambo

28th Apr 09 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been through the settings and they are fine, work just the same as all my other blu rays discs which al work perfectly.

Ther dolby logo disapears off the LCD display when the movie starts, could this be the problem, i looked on the back of the boxes and dolby isnt mentioned
John

28th Apr 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

QOS comes with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio which i'm assuming your amp doesn't support.

The fact it's working with the commentary suggests that it's outputting a format the amp can decode then the movie is outputting the full uncompressed audio.

There will be a setting either on the blu-ray menu or on the blu-ray players menu somewhere to tell it to output dolby digital or some format that amp can decode.
Jambo

28th Apr 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt. Iguess i need a new HCS then

FFS

Anyone wanna buy Quantom of solace on bluray?

John

28th Apr 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There must be somewhere jambo.

I'm dl something atm that comes with that fancy audio and my amp doesn't support it either, i'll let you know how i get on with it.
ash_corsa

28th Apr 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's in the pop-up menu mate when the film is playing, select language then you will be able to select your sound track, you'll want Dolby Digital 5.1, the default setting may be Dolby TrueHD which your home cinema kit won't be able to understand.

Had the same problem the other day but the other way around, couldn't get it to play in TrueHD!

Hope this helps
Ash
Jambo

28th Apr 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres no option on tokyo drift, it just gives different language variants. If i do it through the BD player it gives me Dolby, i select it and then the commentaty starts playing

Ill have to go check QOS
ssj_kakarot

28th Apr 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
There must be somewhere jambo.

I'm dl something atm that comes with that fancy audio and my amp doesn't support it either, i'll let you know how i get on with it.

a blu-ray rip? didnt think there was any rips that had HD audio due to the massive size of the audio data?
oceansoul

28th Apr 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the animated menu, go into setup etc before you start the movie. In there you should be able to select dolby digital, or dts. Then start the film, and it should play. The fact your dolby digital/dts led is going off says that the blu ray is sending the amp something other than dd/dts, and thats usually changed in disk's setup.
John

28th Apr 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot

a blu-ray rip? didnt think there was any rips that had HD audio due to the massive size of the audio data?

Just checked, it is a blu-ray rip, an IMAX blue planet, was looking for something 1080p and that was high on the list of most seeders.
ssj_kakarot

28th Apr 09 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot

Just checked, it is a blu-ray rip, an IMAX blue planet, was looking for something 1080p and that was high on the list of most seeders.

what audio is ripped though is it just 5.1 DTS of DTS HD? never seen a blu ra rip with HD audio.
John

28th Apr 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mininova.org/tor/832152

Unless that's incorrect its the true hd audio.
ssj_kakarot

28th Apr 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah seems that way, thats pretty cool didnt know you could get HD audio in rips, that said theres not really a decent way to output HD audio to an amp from pc that doesnt cost a stupid ammount of money.
John

28th Apr 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No doubt i'll end up getting no audio from it but it's just the video i'm interested in.
ssj_kakarot

28th Apr 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na you will get audio whatever media player you are using will just software decode it and send it as dts or dd 5.1.

unless your using something that bit streams HD audio but then you would have to use a xonar card or something to transmit that over hdmi, there still quite buggy at the min.
Toby
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo - sounds like the film is defaulting to HD audio, can you press info or a similar button on the remote as it should indicate on screen what auido is being played. I would be very surpirsed if the DVD actually didnt have a DTS track, i would be even more surprised if it didnt have a DTS track and your Blu ray palyer couldnt play the core DTS of the track.
SSJ - Acutally I have read MKV container is very close to being able to hold HD audio.
You can acutally get Blu Ray rips with HD audio, it is generally files that are .TS, they are (iirc TS-Mpeg) these are the streams on the bluray disc which are extracted - these can then be demuxed compressed with h264 and then remuxed with the HD audio.

New Poll