corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Cameras with big lenses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cameras with big lenses
sand-eel

User status: Offline
28th Apr 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-S1000fd-Digital-Camera/dp/B00152A06G/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240945405&sr=1-18

Like so^^^
Are they any good or is it better go go SLR? ideally I want a camera like the one above with a big lense, what other cameras like that are any good?
Leighton

29th Apr 09 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The are good Bridge cameras not quite a compact and not a DSLR, if it is just for general stuff that you want to take pics of then it will be fine, To get a DSLR is easy enough but it is the Lens that you need that will be the expencive thing.
If it dose the job that you want it to do go with it.
Neo

29th Apr 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had 3 fuji bridge's before i moved onto my sony dslr

Teach you so much about how to use the camera etc, most have raw and if you end up not using it as much as you first think you havent toshed out nearly £400 for a cheap set up
AndyKent

29th Apr 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only had my bridge for 2 months before buying a DSLR, in a way was a waste of money as I upgraded so quickly, but did teach me that I like taking decent photos.
Scotty_B

29th Apr 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need deep pockets to get the same zoom range on a DSLR. If you an afford it do it.
mooney

29th Apr 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-S1000fd-Digital-Camera/dp/B00152A06G/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240945405&sr=1-18

Like so^^^
Are they any good or is it better go go SLR? ideally I want a camera like the one above with a big lense, what other cameras like that are any good?

ive got that camera, im quite impresses with it
only £117.39 in argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5591040/c_1/1|category_root|Photography|12109590/c_2/2|cat_12109590|Digital%2Bcameras|12109607.htm
the zoom is quite good on it, these were taken by hand so not the best, all taken from the same spot

Scotty_B

29th Apr 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The major drawback of the cheaper bridge superzoom cameras is the lack of image stablisation ont he lens, redering pretty much useless in anything other than bright sunlight.
sand-eel

30th Apr 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm, it would still work in the dark with a long exposure wouldn't it?
Like the underground car park photos people do...I like them.
AndyKent

30th Apr 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF Mooney, those wouldn't be any better even with some sort of stabilisation - that just looks like poor rendering of the scene at extreme zooms.
dava.

1st May 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use one similar nikon p80 coolpix

again i know it aint dslr quality but the camera dose most things i need it to do without major dent in the pocket for extras etc

heres some iv took with mine
all unedited pics straight of the camera am sure there will be flaws in the pics somewhere

i dont claim to be good at photography, but with a some sort of editing am sure most of them could look not bad?

[Edited on 01-05-2009 by dava.]

[Edited on 01-05-2009 by dava.]
sand-eel

2nd May 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what does an slr do that normal ones can't?
AndyKent

2nd May 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SLRs (or DSLRs) are just capable of much better quality. They have bigger and better sensors than 'normal' point and shoot cameras, plus allow you much more control over all the settings - whether or not you use these, the quality they put out is still much better.

Dava - theres some really good shots in there, but off a DSLR they would still be much clearer with more vibrant colours which whilst you can do bits with photoshop, can only go so far. Just see the quality of the shots in my Combe thread in General chat (few pages back now) and you'll see what I mean. You would never manage shots as clear as those off a normal camera.
Ste L

2nd May 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here's are some of my DSLR...

John

3rd May 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mooney
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

Like so^^^

ive got that camera, im quite impresses with it
only £117.39 in argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5591040/c_1/1|category_root|Photography|12109590/c_2/2|cat_12109590|Digital%2Bcameras|12109607.htm
the zoom is quite good on it, these were taken by hand so not the best, all taken from the same spot

They pictures look so bad because it's digital zoom from the 3rd picture onwards, the useful zoom is the optical, after that you might as well not have it, all it does is crop a section and enlarge it the same as zooming a picture on a pc.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Cameras with big lenses 24 database queries in 0.0121720 seconds