corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Credit Rating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Credit Rating
Skylined

User status: Offline
30th Apr 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know if being in your overdraft affects your credit rating?

I have a 3k interest free student overdraft which i basically live in (with the money in savings - not in debt), but don't want to find out that I have a really poor credit rating later on and can't get a mortgage or anything

Any input appreciated
Matt L

30th Apr 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure it would affect it not entirely sure though. only saying this as my gf tried to get a cc the other day and they wouldnt let her as she is too safe with her money (never gone into her overdraft) so they wouldnt let her, so i imagine it works the other way too.
pow
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats crap Matt, I haven't got an overdraft and I have 2 credit cards.
Anty
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can i check my credit rating, im curious to know
Matt L

30th Apr 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loads of places online to check it (costs you though) , and yeh i thought it was crap but thats just what (hsbc) said.

I mean i have one with them and iv never touched my overdraft, but i have had a store card and i have a full time job which she doesnt.

[Edited on 30-04-2009 by Matt L]
C2RL R

30th Apr 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been living in my overdraft for years and have never had a problem getting finance for stuff.
Anty
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on dss bit crap really, not getting alot at moe untill i payed them back £125 quid i had a loan of them 2yrs ago..lol and i reallly should stop buying on ebay.
Ojc

30th Apr 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Overdrafts don't show up on a credit report.
johnhara1

30th Apr 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesnt affect your official credit report but your bank may refuse you a loan etc based on how you manage your account.

It's all monitored.

Brabus

30th Apr 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your curent account does show up on your credit report and also some figures, i.e Mine from Equifax shows -800 for each month, i think this means how much overdraft i have avaliable(they are not given information on how much you have in your account though or whether your using the amount you have avalaible).
Skylined

30th Apr 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers thats good news then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Credit Rating 23 database queries in 0.0978951 seconds