corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Selling costs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling costs?
Colin

User status: Offline
5th May 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never done it before so dont know

If I was to stick my flat up for sale what are the charges going to be like?

Whats the benefits of going through an estate agent over sticking a sign in the window?

If it sells whats a normal time for entry?

We wanna move but sensibly need to shift the current place before entering any deal of any sorts!!!

Shame as ive already found an ideal place...............even though Jade doesnt like it

a_j_mair

5th May 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all estate agents take different rates

we are trying to sell a couple properties ourselve just now, tbh its less hassle just getting an estate agent, we were put off as a couple have post us sales before.

you normally pay a percentage maybe 3 or 4%

entry date all depends how long the chain is, if they have a property to sell

isnt a great time for selling just now but is all relative and the dearer the property the better deals you are getting on them just now
jrsteeve

5th May 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most agents charge between 1-1.5% of the sale price but some charge more too, so shop around. You can try selling yourself but it could take longer and could also get messed around more. You're best putting it on with a local agent and a national agent and get them to go multiple agency, dont sign if it says they'll charge for finding a 'ready willing and able' purchaser tho, but most dont nowadays. (I'm an agent myself)

Not sure where u are but you'll prob have to get a home information pack too, cost around £200-£250 on average so shop around.
John

5th May 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have a go yourself first.

Estate agents are completely and absolutely useless.

They offer some space in a window and rightmove which are about the biggest benefits (the only reason joe bloggs can't use rightmove is because the estate agents all complained about it)

Printed out sign on the window is a good start, if you get no interest you can still go with an estate agent and you haven't lost out.
jrsteeve

5th May 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'd have a go yourself first.

Estate agents are completely and absolutely useless.

They offer some space in a window and rightmove which are about the biggest benefits (the only reason joe bloggs can't use rightmove is because the estate agents all complained about it)

Printed out sign on the window is a good start, if you get no interest you can still go with an estate agent and you haven't lost out.

Not if you chose the right agent in the first place! Have a drive round your area and look for sold signs and the same on rightmove, just click show sstc also. It is possible to sell yourself and you can still give it ago along side the agents by using the free sites, but if you need to sell quickly i'd get one on board.
John

5th May 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done that last time mum and dad moved, got 3 up, looked about etc etc, picked seemingly the best one.

Price she wanted to put it up for wasn't even close, pictures were shocking.

I had to research prices myself and take the pictures.

First people to look bought it, nice couple of K for doing nothing.
ash_corsa

6th May 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rightmove is a huge website that everyone knows about, especially young FTBers who i'd imagine you'd be aiming you flat to Colin.

I personally would rather have a professional company dealing with the sale of a house i was looking to buy rather than the vendor themselves.

As whats been said before, check out some rates and see who sells the most houses.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th May 09 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deal with a decent agent. Look for the most sold boards.

Fees will start at 2%. Aim for 1.5. You get what you pay for

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Lawrah
Premium Member

6th May 09 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maw just punted hers with Clyde Property, they take 1%. Its an expensive thing.
Colin

6th May 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly sounds expensive!!

What then if I stick a sign up in the window, what happens next? No 1% estate agency charge Im guessing!? Just the solicitor fee's?
Lawrah
Premium Member

6th May 09 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you can sell private in the paper and online.
Colin

6th May 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Word of mouth will go a long way around here. Theres plenty mates & mates of mates ready to get their 1st property.

Ive been approached about 6 months ago by someone looking for somewhere that heard I was maybe looking to sell. Hopefully someone will be looking again!!

Nah im deffo going to try & move it on myself before paying someone.

Going to take a few weeks to do all the snaggings 1st to make it mint then maybe get it valued & stick up a home made sign!!

What does it cost to have a valuation survey these days??

[Edited on 06-05-2009 by Colin]
Colin

6th May 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the one im wanting to buy - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-22287038.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E501&minPrice=150000&maxPrice=160000&pageNumber=1&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DREGION%255E501%26minPrice%3D150000%26maxPrice%3D160000

Dont think jade likes it though :/
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th May 09 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont local agents do Free Valuations?

Get a Pay&G Sim to use that for the number and arrange a few of your own vals.

Then sell it privatley.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ecosse Sport

8th May 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a flat I was thinking of selling to finance an extension on my house.

I reckoned it'd be about a grand to put it on the market after getting the home buyers information pack done and having it listed on the local property centre website.

To save hassle, I'm now thinking I'll just release equity from it and carry on leasing it out.

I have sold a commercial property I owned by sticking a sign in the window and an advert in the paper. It was very easy, I also sold a flat directly to friend and that was even easier as it was just a couple of phone calls and sorted out by our solicitors.

Print some For Sale signs up, tell folk you know. It'll cost you next to nothing and you never know.

Also, it might be worth getting an estate agent out for a free valuation.

New Poll