corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gmail help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gmail help
liamC

User status: Offline
20th May 09 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently in the process of switching thousands of emails from my outlook app to gmail(!), and have a quick question....

All of the emails are currently uploading from my outlook to my gmail account, in the same folder structure as on my local machine.

The folder structure was like this:

Inbox
- Folder 1
- Folder 2
etc

The emails however are going into the Gmail inbox as 'labels' so emails that were in folder "Ecommerce" are now all in the inbox as "Inbox/Ecommerce".

Is it possible to create actual folders in Gmail under the Inbox, so everything isn't technically in the Inbox, or does Gmail work as "Labels" ?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't do folders, Gmail does labels only which works quite well when you get use to it
liamC

20th May 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate

Wanted to set it up as IMAP Gmail in both the Gmail web browser and my email application but seeing as Gmail doesn't do folders I've had to revert back

New Poll