corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money Saving Ideas: Small businesses Ideas?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Money Saving Ideas: Small businesses Ideas?
Bart

User status: Offline
20th May 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone have any ideas, experiences of their company saving money?
A few of us have been tasked with trying to come up with some ideas, so far I have thought of:

-Renting out spare space - we have quite alot of unused warehouse space which could easily be converted into offices
-unpaid holiday, I would happily take a wage cut for an extra week or two holiday

anyone else have any experiences?
Rob H

20th May 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you do? It surprising how much waste is in process that you do on a daily basis that doesn't add any value to what you're trying to acheive.
Cosmo

20th May 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make jobs more efficient, look at all the processes involved int he day to day running and see if they can be done quicker, using less materials and labour.

Cut down on electricity - lights, computers, etc. etc. turned off when not in use.

Move out if the place is too big. You'll save on rent, rates, heating costs, etc.
Liam B

20th May 09 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i had plenty of unused warehouse space i know what i'd be doing with it, i'd put an add up in the paper advertising storage space, id of thought there was good money in it after what they charge, its just that the place obviously has to be secure

[Edited on 20-05-2009 by flame-red]
Bart

20th May 09 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electrical Design engineer, mainly a CAD operator, but I do various other jobs also.
corsasriboy

20th May 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where i used to work they had automatic lights put in all the corridors and toilets. they worked out they saved 60% on there electricity bill for those areas in the first month.
Rob H

20th May 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsasriboy
where i used to work they had automatic lights put in all the corridors and toilets. they worked out they saved 60% on there electricity bill for those areas in the first month.

I hate auto lights in toilets. Wiping your arse in the dark is never fun .

Back on topic... what do the company do? is it mainly office based stuff and work's presumably going slow, or they just trying to minimise overheads should things take a turn for the worst?
Liam B

20th May 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
Originally posted by corsasriboy

I hate auto lights in toilets. Wiping your arse in the dark is never fun .

Back on topic... what do the company do? is it mainly office based stuff and work's presumably going slow, or they just trying to minimise overheads should things take a turn for the worst?

toilet thing..
Bart

20th May 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently trying to cut overheads...
Andrew

20th May 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got this warning, week later i was made redundant

I miss my old job and my old pals
Ian
Site Administrator

20th May 09 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was talking to someone who works in another one of our college buildings, said they installed automatic lights in the classrooms which was fine while the class were being naughty and moving around but as soon as they were settled and quiet all the lights went off

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money Saving Ideas: Small businesses Ideas? 23 database queries in 0.0081160 seconds