corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People that live in London

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People that live in London
ChazSXi

User status: Offline
26th May 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at sw london/greater london/surrey

I went to Uni in Kingston and lived in Surbiton. 20 mins on train to Central and was only a travel card..PLus you still get some scenery.

Also check out places like Putney, Wimbledon, Richmond, Wandsworth.

Not gonna be the cheapest tho...
MarkM

26th May 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
look at sw london/greater london/surrey

I went to Uni in Kingston and lived in Surbiton. 20 mins on train to Central and was only a travel card..PLus you still get some scenery.

Also check out places like Putney, Wimbledon, Richmond, Wandsworth.

Not gonna be the cheapest tho...

None of those places will be cheap unless you dont mind flat sharing etc. That's one of the reasons I moved to Blackheath in South East London as it's as nice yet not as pricey as South West London. I wanted my own flat too.

I live 10 ish miles (I think) from the centre of London and my train pass costs me £73 a month which is quite cheap. That isn't a travelcard for the tube though but I hardly ever use the tube.
myke

27th May 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of my friends lives in Docklands sort of area. It's only a modest flat which costs quite a lot, but they don't need to use a car as he walks to work in canary wharf, and his girlfriend gets the dlr to wherever she works.
I've visited them plenty of times and always have a good time, it's only a walk to nice green space (where the observatory is) and there's a supermarket and a farm just down the road from them.

My girlfriends cousin lives in Wimbledon, and that's pretty pleasant, although she's south african, and only seems to have south african or australian friends. I'm not sure if that's because of the density in that area or thats just the only type of friends they want/attract. Nice village kind of feel to it where they stay though, aand it's only 5mins walk to the underground.

I'd live in london if it made sense for work (and if i was rolling in it) but you can get so much more for your money out of town, that it's a bit of a silly idea unless it's going to save you hours per day.
MarkM

27th May 09 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
one of my friends lives in Docklands sort of area. It's only a modest flat which costs quite a lot, but they don't need to use a car as he walks to work in canary wharf, and his girlfriend gets the dlr to wherever she works.
I've visited them plenty of times and always have a good time, it's only a walk to nice green space (where the observatory is) and there's a supermarket and a farm just down the road from them.

My girlfriends cousin lives in Wimbledon, and that's pretty pleasant, although she's south african, and only seems to have south african or australian friends. I'm not sure if that's because of the density in that area or thats just the only type of friends they want/attract. Nice village kind of feel to it where they stay though, aand it's only 5mins walk to the underground.

I'd live in london if it made sense for work (and if i was rolling in it) but you can get so much more for your money out of town, that it's a bit of a silly idea unless it's going to save you hours per day.

The observatory is in Greenwich which is not far from me. Nice area.

You're right about not needing a car. At first I didn't have one and did fine but I bought one mainly for travelling back up north in and for going food shopping or random days out. Monday to Friday is pretty much sits on the drive.

I like Wimbeldon it's a nice area but never noticed lots of South Africans there. But you may be right as Clapham etc is full of Australians and Kiwi's so Wimbeldon may be the South African area.

I moved to London for my career, but now I have my 2 years experience I am moving back up north. The main reason is I want to buy a house and even though the wage will be less up north than I could get down here I can still afford a bigger house in a nicer area. Another reason is to be closer to friends and family.

London is a good city to live in for a couple of years but I could never ever see myself living here for the rest of my life. Not a chance.

[Edited on 27-05-2009 by MarkM]
loubielou

27th May 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live in finchley which is north london but its pretty much as far away from central london as you can be without not being in london. its a pretty decent area in most parts but i woudlnt want to live any closer to central london.
Tom

27th May 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loubsie

I hate london, used to have to work down there a bit with my old job, it's so alien to me, faceless and grim and i'm suprised anyone can feel settled there (but suppose that's because i'm not from there )
sand-eel

27th May 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
Originally posted by JayM
I've never even been to London

Me neither. Don't think i'd like it either.

Too many Londoners.

lol i love how sweaties hate us so much LOL cracks me up

Sweaty Socks - Jocks

Haven't heard that before
Ellis

27th May 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
I've never even been to London

Been once, my only visit to England
loubielou

27th May 09 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
loubsie

I hate london, used to have to work down there a bit with my old job, it's so alien to me, faceless and grim and i'm suprised anyone can feel settled there (but suppose that's because i'm not from there )

youre alive then you fuck
danny_vx

27th May 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
Originally posted by danny_vx
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by danny_vx
quote:
I live in south east London by Blackheath. It's nice but can be quiet. It also has a feeling of being a lot further outside of London than it actually is.

I wouldn't recommend Clapham, unless you like Australians. I find it to be full of nobheads.

anywhere near Lewisham?

[Edited on 23-05-2009 by danny_vx]

Yeah about 10 mins in the car from Lewisham.

Cool - my best mate lives there.. was up there last weekend. I think we drove through black heath

Is there a massive field and duck pond one end of black heath, with a nice pub overlooking the field? etc

Yeah the massive field will be Blackheath Common. I think there is a pond at one end but never seen any ducks in it. Loads of nice pubs around the common which are perfect for Sunday afternoon sessions whilst sitting in the sun.

I can assure you there are 100% ducks on that pond when I was there, because one of them flew on the road when my mate was driving causing us to swerve
Lovely place though, thinking of moving up there

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People that live in London 23 database queries in 0.0121582 seconds