corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car is not runnnig

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car is not runnnig
cooper2004

User status: Offline
23rd May 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite ppl. in need of sum big help ere. yest2day wen i was drivin, my car decided 2 cut out on me. i thort that batt had jus gne but wen i went 2 get jump leads 2 it, i started her up n she wud try 2 tick ova but smoke was cumin from underneith the fan belt. hav checkd the fan belt n it is fab. its a new 1. but now the batt is completly dead that no lights work at all. can sum 1 help plz.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd May 09 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say that sounds like it's your altenator, try removing the fanbelt then jump start it again and check for smoke
cooper2004

23rd May 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well wen i had the jump leads on the batt it still wudnt start. it wud try 2 but smoke still kept cummin from under the fan belt. isnt the alternator jus 2 charge the batt? it shud still star wif jumoleads n no alternatior
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd May 09 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the altenator just charges but if it's broke the battery will have run pretty much completely flat so you may need to leave the jump leads connected for a bit before it will start. If the altenator is struggling to turn then that'll make it harder to start the car too
cooper2004

23rd May 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i put any alternator from a corsa on mine or does it hav 2 b 1 from a 1.4 16v ecotec cos thats wot mine is

New Poll