corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People who pay others to do conversions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People who pay others to do conversions
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th May 09 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can do a lot of stuff but there is still things I'm unsure of, usually I'll ask someone and then try it, if it goes tits up I'll know where I've gone wrong. It's really handy working at a garage aswell as I'm learning new stuff everyday.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th May 09 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting more in to it particularly if it's not the main car. I do have a lot of help though. Couldn't just wade in.
Corsa_Scotty

27th May 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about attempting it when i have a few years no claims bonuses. i would put the engine in myself. dont have no problems with that but wiring it would confuse me
Nic Barnes

27th May 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only thing i havent done on mine was map it really. i couldnt afford to pay someone to build a car for me.
gez bay

27th May 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neither could i, the price people charge hourly rates these days for doing conversions is expensive, you could buy alot of things for the car.
mad_mike252

27th May 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi
sand-eel

27th May 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot
Corsa_Scotty

27th May 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

27th May 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I trained as a mechanic so do all my own work regardless of how big or small it is.

I have no clue about anything except cars though, thats when the cash has to come out lol
SportBoy

27th May 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive worked in a garage since i left school and i have seen many trainee's come and go and some of them should not be let near a spanner nevermind a car , some people are just total utter toss with there hands, dont know ther eown strenght or how to get a knot out of a shoe lase never mind where is the best place to jack a car up and take the wheel off.

any1 who says any1 can maintain there own car wants to work in the trade for a week or two and see some of the shit people do to there cars and then have to try and put it right for them.

ps richc ... we call them strap-on too .. bunch of robbing sods , i think out of my tools the only things that are snap-on are what ive found under peoples cars on mots .. allways buy cheapies .. allso snap-ons warrenty is a joke.

[Edited on 27-05-2009 by SportBoy]
AlunJ

27th May 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mind doing basic things like service, pads etc. but I don't know a great deal (I'm learning slowly) and I have no access to a garage or drive otherwise I'd love to have a project on the go and learn.
scottyp1989

27th May 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv done everything on my cars my self. the only thing i wont be doing is spraying it, i have the tools an everything just no where to do it.
Gizzy

29th May 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps richc ... we call them strap-on too .. bunch of robbing sods , i think out of my tools the only things that are snap-on are what ive found under peoples cars on mots .. allways buy cheapies .. allso snap-ons warrenty is a joke

yeah snap-on warranty is a joke bought a torch and had to get it replaced just got it tuesday after a 8month wait.

ill pretty much tackle anything on a car im shit at painting but ill still give it a go lol.
SportBoy

29th May 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my boss buys snap-on tools he had a torque wrench that was playing up . sent it away but they couldnt fix it as it was an old one and they had stoped making parts for them , so becasue they dont make it anymore they said its not warrented .. lol lifetime warrenty??? we gave them some shit and they changed there tone to its not warrented because its a torque wrench .. loads of bollocks better off at halfords

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People who pay others to do conversions 23 database queries in 0.1042850 seconds