corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detailing questions (F.A.O Rich H Blukoo)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Detailing questions (F.A.O Rich H Blukoo)
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
28th May 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is currently having a respray in the original colour (Flame red so non metallic)

I need some proper advice on what to do when I get it back as im new to detailing, I can already give it a nice wash and polish
and even use a clay bar but I need to know how to do it better and what products and equipment are best to use after having a full respray with the paint being new etc.

So when the car comes home what is the best thing to do to protect and take advantage of the fresh paint and keep it that way.

Its going to need sealing and protecting so I need what? a good wax? sealant?

How do I apply with brand new fresh paint? how many coats? and in what order?

Wash
Clay
Polish
Wax
Sealant

What brands? Dodo? Meguires?

I want it so that it has a very good protective layer on,so it stays shiny and the colour is at its best for the longest time possible, I also need to protect it from fading as everyone knows Flame Red is bad for this.

And when it does get dirty I want it so it only needs a quick wash to bring it back to pristine condition

Bad idea to use a machine polisher with new paint? (bearing in mind ive never used one) If not then which one to get as I haven't got one...

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
andyc1234

28th May 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt need to clay it as its fresh paint same with polish really should just need a good coat of wax
Rich H

28th May 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Andy said, no need for clay on fresh paint - Unless there is a lot of overspray.

Key to keep it looking good will be to use good oily polish (essentially a glaze such as Clearkote Red Moose or Lime Prime Lite) foolowed by a few coats of wax - Banana Armour would be ideal on this
Nick-S

28th May 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought it went polish, sealent, wax...
allza

28th May 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm no pro detailer but imo i'd do:
pre wash with jet wash and maybe snow foam
wash
clay
glaze
wax.

Also it should be fine to use a polisher on your paint but maybe leave it a few days to make sure the paint has properly hardened. Also use a light cut finishing polish and pad. You might be better on using a random orbit polisher such as a kestrel or megs g220 as these are easier for beginners and take longer to cut through the paint.
andyc1234

28th May 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just listen to rich and you wont go wrong
FruitBooTeR

28th May 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
As Andy said, no need for clay on fresh paint - Unless there is a lot of overspray.

Key to keep it looking good will be to use good oily polish (essentially a glaze such as Clearkote Red Moose or Lime Prime Lite) foolowed by a few coats of wax - Banana Armour would be ideal on this

Nice one mate are any of these products available through yourself and available for collection at pvs?
Rich H

28th May 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Banana Armour, yes, Lime Prime I have but not Lime Prime Lite - only difference between Lite and non is the non has mild abrasives - will be fine to use still. So yeh
FruitBooTeR

28th May 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does mild abrasives mean?

And can you u2u me the price etc if possible and do you take payment on the day?
Rich H

28th May 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mild abrasives means it does have a slight cut to it like any polish would. A glaze is purely the oils found in a polish without any cut at all.

Will send you a u2u in a sec. Payment on collection is fine, but will only hold it for a couple of hours as will be able to sell it on if not!
FruitBooTeR

28th May 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait to get some Dodo stuff

I had a quick look on their site just wondered what this means -

Dodo Juice Banana Armour - To be applied by foam applicator only

?

Rich H

28th May 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

I had a quick look on their site just wondered what this means -

Dodo Juice Banana Armour - To be applied by foam applicator only

?

Apply by using a small foam applicator pad (as you may have seen in photo's of deliveries that others who have bought off me) use it slightly damp and apply thinly
SXI - Matt

28th May 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

Iv ordered some off rich to cant wait to use it either hear nothing but raving reviews about dodo juice stuff, and top advice off rich to

[Edited on 28-05-2009 by SXI - Matt]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detailing questions (F.A.O Rich H Blukoo) 23 database queries in 0.0108080 seconds