corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » making texts show up without the senders number...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author making texts show up without the senders number...
Matt L

User status: Offline
29th May 09 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure i heard on the radio about how you can send messages to phones like the iphone/htc phones where you can type '*go' before the message and it comes up straight onto the other persons phone and doesnt show the number

how true is this? or should i say is it possible?
Whittie

29th May 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't.

Loan companies, phone providers and large companies pay to have their name come up.
Dan295

29th May 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard that, i thought there was one that deleted itself after 30 secs too
Leighton

29th May 09 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can do it from a provider off the internet. it is a option when you are sending the message.

[Edited on 29-05-2009 by Leighton]
dan_m1les

29th May 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can send flash messages on nokias? or you used to be able too adn that would pop up instantly?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th May 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are SMS gateways where you can send different types of message, known as flash messages when they come up straight on the screen, also change the number, have it place a name instead.

Most I've seen need block purchase, subscription and some degree of technical knowledge although it's generally no more expensive per message than regular texts.

CS had it for a while years ago for sending operator logos.
drunkenfool

29th May 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember about 3 or 4 years ago somebody off this board posted a link to the site that their company used, along with their username and password, cos they had just been fired and were feeling resentful I sent my step mum a msg from "Ann Summers Ltd" asking for payment for a 12" black rubber dildo
ljames555

29th May 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
I remember about 3 or 4 years ago somebody off this board posted a link to the site that their company used, along with their username and password, cos they had just been fired and were feeling resentful I sent my step mum a msg from "Ann Summers Ltd" asking for payment for a 12" black rubber dildo

I remember this , had about 8 mates all on wind up

Think it was phones 4 u , you type the persons number in then either put a name of the person you want to pretend its off and it`ll show up on there phone. I was causing loads of arguments haha
noshua

29th May 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on O2 you can put something infront of your text and it'll flash up straight away as well as not saving it in the inbox... ill try and find out what it is
Robbo_Corsa

31st May 09 at 02:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
noshua

31st May 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't find it on net anywhere anymore...

New Poll