corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Finished my degreeeee!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finished my degreeeee!!!!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
30th May 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, finally, after 5 years, its all over! I'm 99.99% sure I will end up with a 2.1 unless something went drastically wrong in the last 2 weeks, but its such a good feeling! Off to the beach now with all my mates to go celebrate. Well done to anyone else in the same situation, and good luck to anyone else who still has exams left!
Ellis

30th May 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate, feels good eh?

Get a few drinks down you, I certainly did!
Matt L

30th May 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congrats I finish my course (not uni) in 17days hopefully....
liamC

30th May 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats fella - I know what it's like to hand that dissertation in and get a massive load off your back!
alan-g-w

30th May 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an end of year exam for an HNC in Mech Eng next Thursday. Probably the easiest thing to get out of anything anyone's going to post, but for someone like me who finds it hard to knuckle down and study I'm fucking dreading it. One of those that any pass will do!
Ellis

30th May 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HNC Mech Eng may be easy, but it is nevertheless a damn good qualification - I've watched so many people drop out of them
CorsAsh

30th May 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats Matt.
Aaron

30th May 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hand in date for my first year assignments is next Tuesday...then i have all summer off till late September. Still a long way to go though.
alan-g-w

30th May 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
HNC Mech Eng may be easy, but it is nevertheless a damn good qualification - I've watched so many people drop out of them

I'm only the 2nd year ever that's had the end of year exam. It used to be a do-at-home report but the SQA wanks decided that it was too easy.
drunkenfool

30th May 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent the afternoon down the beach with mates and a few beers. Gonna have a nap now ready to go out 2nite and celebrate properly! TBH i don tthink its gonna sink in properly until I wake up tomorrow motning with a hangover then realise that the only thing that I have to get up for is Alton Towers on Monday LOL
Doug

30th May 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its such a weird feeling isnt it

You will find yourself sat there watching TV etc thinking I really should be working but then you realise......Its all done
Carl

30th May 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you realise, shit, got to find a job now. I thought it was shit finishing uni, but then again I've never known what I wanted to do!
ed

30th May 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats

It's my degree show next week. The presentation part of my dissertation gets evaluated on Tuesday and I should have a final mark the week after. I think I could actually pull off a 1st, but I don't know

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by ed]
drunkenfool

30th May 09 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf, i slept for 4 hours then my mate rang me and woke me up and i asked where she'd been all night cos I thought it was the morning lol Soooo tired but just downed a bottle of Lidl sangria and now heading to this mini music festival thing thats at the castle apparently. What's the bets I will end up in a ditch somewhere tonight?
Doug

30th May 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have some mint weather for it

Are you staying in Aber or moving on somewhere? What sort of jobs are you looking at?
saj_123

30th May 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have not even started my A level exams yet, it will be 1 week of huge stress and then its over. Congrats mate on finishing your degree.

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by saj_123]
drunkenfool

31st May 09 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
You have some mint weather for it

Are you staying in Aber or moving on somewhere? What sort of jobs are you looking at?

I would love to get into proper translation realated jobs, and I'd be looking at around £23k starting salary for translation checkinging etc but the window of opportunity in the job market at the moment is so small To be honest, ive really not dedicated much time to thinkng about careers cos ive been in the library every day workg my ass off to make sure I get a decent degree! Off to Ynsylas tomorow though by the looks of it, my first proper day of freedom I think the job hunt will have to start sinking in next week, in the meantime im enjoying the ignorance
Colin

31st May 09 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one!!
Carl

31st May 09 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
wtf, i slept for 4 hours then my mate rang me and woke me up and i asked where she'd been all night cos I thought it was the morning

Horrible feeling that.
MarkM

31st May 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Its such a weird feeling isnt it

You will find yourself sat there watching TV etc thinking I really should be working but then you realise......Its all done

So true!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Finished my degreeeee!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0162549 seconds