corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » My day as a wedding photographer *contains LOTS of photos*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My day as a wedding photographer *contains LOTS of photos*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jul 09 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Yeah why not:

Lou & CS
jr & Ford

Whittie

30th Jul 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
JadeM
Premium Member

31st Jul 09 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What fantastic pics, I'm loving them!

Are you a professional photographer Johnny? I was a bridesmaid at a wedding a few weeks ago, the pics cost a fortune and they're not a patch on yours
pow
Premium Member

31st Jul 09 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lou & CS
jr & Ford LMFAO

But those pictures are top fucking notch JJ, you could happily take pictures at my wedding
JonnyJ

31st Jul 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta Jade.

I wouldn't call myself a pro yet because at the moment im not making a living from it although it is what i'm looking at doing. I'd never really considered wedding photography before this though but you can make crazy money out of it once you are well known so its something im quite seriously considering.

Like i said earlier though i need to get a decent portfolio together and one wedding really isn't enough. I think im going to need at least 3 before i can just start taking bookings from joe public, so it's just a waiting game. I have one in March and one in Augest next year. I need more people to get married soon

It's good to hear that you think photos are better than what the "pros" are churning out. In the lead up to the wedding i was researching like crazy and spent hours looking on wedding photographers websites looking at their shots, in particular one called David Pullum who is officially in the top 10 wedding photographers in the UK so i basically tried to get shots like his. I don't think im a million miles away considering he would have had 2 bodies and crazy good lenses at his disposal and when you look at his earlier stuff its nothing to shout about.

There is a lot of rubbish out there though. Charging crazy amounts for shots that are at best average. No creativity, nothing different i couldn't have taken on a point and shoot.

I've still got a lot to learn though, one wedding that went well doesnt mean they all will, obviously im yet to come up against trying conditions like a shit weather day or a very uninspiring location.
JadeM
Premium Member

31st Jul 09 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you've deffo got what it takes to make a BIG success of it going by those shots!! If I were a bride to be I wouldn't hesitate to book you going by those shots alone tbh!

I love the 'quirky' shots, unique and different from your average run of the mill wedding shots. I think thats what a lot of brides are looking for !

Keep up the good work Look forward to seeing more
JonnyJ

31st Jul 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you very much Jade

The idea was to take mostly "candid" shots. I think they portray the day much better than posey style shots. I think they tell a story better. I wanted a random person to be able to look through the photos and follow the day as if you were there, the nervous moments, the emotional moments and drunk dancing bits

Remember my name for when you and Colin decide to get hitched
Kathryn W

4th Aug 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can come and do mine if you like

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » My day as a wedding photographer *contains LOTS of photos* 24 database queries in 0.0057719 seconds