corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Coilovers Camber

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Coilovers Camber
Dan295

User status: Offline
4th Jun 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but still you cant beat the accuracy of a laser, i used a 4 way alignment tool once and it was easy as piss identical to the "state of the art" one they had at northway, the bloke that did it was a dick and even though i told him i want 1.5 degrees neg he set it to 0.5 and wouldnt tell me why
Chris x

4th Jun 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have taken a few pictures.

I dont think I have + camber. Must of been the way it was sitting/looked in the works car park.

I have taken a few pictures, didnt come out well as the sun is setting and is in the way and fucks the camera up.

The only thing I can tell from looking is that the left wheel seems to have much more of a camber than the right. I dont no if this would casue the problems?

Also the tracking is obviously in need of doing so this may add to it?

The car is booked into a garage tomorrow to get looked at. The tyres on the car now are bald as fuck and if they can sort the camber/tracking out for me I will get them to chuck the proxes on.

Pics really are shit tbh.

What you all think?

[Edited on 04-06-2009 by Chris Corsa B]

[Edited on 04-06-2009 by Chris Corsa B]
CammyMick

4th Jun 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the FK's aswell... and i got the same problem.

If the garage fixes it for you tomorow mate, tell me what they did and ill get my mechanic to fix it - im not bothered the way it is right now, just that i dont want to burn through proxes...
Mr Turner

4th Jun 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the tracking done and you shouldnt have any problems mate, its the tracking that is causing it to be all over the place. the cambre wont have changed much by putting the new shocks on.
bubble

4th Jun 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had fk coilovers on my corsa, they were set up using a four wheel aligner, and with some some weight system!!!

brilliant tbh, anyone who says they were crap must have had em set up wrong!
jr

4th Jun 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lidl of suspension

sold after beeing set up on my clio (not bought by me) after a week of ownership
Chris x

4th Jun 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shall be reporting back tomorrow to see what happens.

Fingers crossed tbh.
crazybrightman

5th Jun 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like around 1 degree negative camber so a fair amount for the road. just get them set the same and the tracking sorted and it'll be alot better. will take some trial and error to find the setting that suits you though.
Chris x

5th Jun 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I had the new tyres put on this morning and 'apparently' they did the tracking. They gave me a bit of paper which gave me the readings on what was out. Camber e.t.c. The garage said they cant change the camber.

How do you change the camber with FK coilovers?

The grip is much better than it was but the steering is still alot lighter going round right hand bends, it just understeers.

Looking at the tracking by eye it still doesnt look correct.

Where is this elongated hole that attaches to the hub?

Sorry, but really dont have much of a clue with cars
Ryan

5th Jun 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the wheel off and you will see that the shock is bolted to the hub in two places.

the top hole will be the elongated one.
dean101287

5th Jun 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Undo the bolts and pull the strut out. I did this on both sets of my coilovers and then got it checked and lookin stroight on at the car the camber was " / 0.5" one side and "\ 0.5" the other so was just right.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Coilovers Camber 23 database queries in 0.0086961 seconds