corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Not really a new topic - I was made redundant 20 minutes ago.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not really a new topic - I was made redundant 20 minutes ago.
Root

User status: Offline
4th Jun 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm out of work technically, looking for a job as a mechanic, at the minute I'm doing pizza delivery. It's shit but I'm getting £150 a week, better than nowt and it pays some of the bills.

Try that mate? Sorry to hear bout you losing such a good job though
Sam
Premium Member

4th Jun 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Yes. 2 years they remain valid.

You sure? When I cancelled my insurance with More Than they said I have to get reinsured by (anyone) within 12 months or I loose my 4 years NCB.
Twiggy

4th Jun 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the company imo.... think mines a year
Tiger

4th Jun 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sisters boyfriend has just been made redundant again, he was made redundant 5 months ago from a different place, he's a carpenter, shit really, nothing about either, this country is far from out of the shit really.
taylorboosh

4th Jun 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is balls all out there tbh,
Gareth F

4th Jun 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok looks like ill phone elephant and find out, hopefully i can save them!
Redundancy sucks ass, cant believe it happened to me again. And the fact it happened in 10 minutes is even worse.
On the plus side ive found two possible jobs:
BHS that made me redundant before my current job has let the whole management ladder go under redundancy and has three shop floor management positions available which will be funny to walk back into.
Also another company has opened near me in the same industry that im about to leave offering the same position.

Think i need to refresh my CV and write up a cover letter

I love this site, always get help in no matter what i ask. Your like my second family
taylorboosh

4th Jun 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tis indeed a good site, ive applied for so many that when they ring me i cant remember who they are
Seegeemusic

4th Jun 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Been in out or work since leaving school didnt know what I wanted to do really, landed a really good job could of been on a nice sum of money after my training & they laid me off in March. Gutted wasnt the word as I really enjoyed what I was doing. Thinking about dropping everything & going to live in Ibiza with a few mates for the summer. Shit times at the moment..

[Edited on 04-06-2009 by Craiggallon]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Not really a new topic - I was made redundant 20 minutes ago. 23 database queries in 0.0090749 seconds